The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Thinking about going over the fence

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thinking about going over the fence

I've been looking around for a replacement, well more like a companion to the old road dog.

My price range is $3000-3500.

I'm a staunch Honda devotee. As much as I might enjoy the more gentlemanly ride of a Concours, I'm staying Honda.

Here's some of my observations from perusing the local C'lists between here, Portland Oregon and Eastern Washington.

Missed out on a nice Blackbird with 32k miles at 3500 or perhaps it'll be relisted.

A few 929's and 954's in the 2700-3500 range. Some rough, but a couple of nice ones in the Tri-cities.

Portland C'list has a mint, I mean Henry M mint, 1kf for 3500. Check it out

I'm in no hurry to buy, but I haven't been too kind to the road dog and she's beginning to pay me back for it. Maybe time to put her to out pasture and think about rehabilitating her into some sort of ROTM machine

Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wooferdog
Thinking about going over the fence
Like this?

Old 02-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

^^^^^^ Ha! ^^^^^^

Go the Kawasaki Concours Woof,

We won't think any less of you

And personally I'd think "now there's a man with taste - both a CBR1000F and a Kawasaki GTR1000"

A fantastic combination of bikes for your stable.

Cheers, SB

Old 02-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wooferdog
I've been looking around for a replacement, well more like a companion to the old road dog.

My price range is $3000-3500.

I'm a staunch Honda devotee. As much as I might enjoy the more gentlemanly ride of a Concours, I'm staying Honda.

Here's some of my observations from perusing the local C'lists between here, Portland Oregon and Eastern Washington.

Missed out on a nice Blackbird with 32k miles at 3500 or perhaps it'll be relisted.

A few 929's and 954's in the 2700-3500 range. Some rough, but a couple of nice ones in the Tri-cities.

Portland C'list has a mint, I mean Henry M mint, 1kf for 3500. Check it out

I'm in no hurry to buy, but I haven't been too kind to the road dog and she's beginning to pay me back for it. Maybe time to put her to out pasture and think about rehabilitating her into some sort of ROTM machine
Hey:

Woof, what do you want the bike for. If touring or speed nowadays is two different bikes.
Any fireblade is good for a hotrod of any year, if a Sport Touring bike look at a ST1300 or ST1100, they vary in price alot so buyer beware by getting educated on them. CBR1100XX would be a fine choice if you want to stay with a chain driven bike or newer CBR1000F Remember MK3s look the best, plus would be fine to own and convert your current ride into a hotrod fighter then you could save on shared parts. Or Cafe out an older Gold Wing Since you want to stay Honda any of the above works in that price point. Just keep watching Ebay, Craigs list and local adds and some great bike will turn up that is just the ticket for you good things come to those that can wait. Plus "You meet the nicest people on a Honda", LOL. Kwackers are fine but this is a HONDA FORUM, and always my next choice followed by a Triumph, BMW, Moto Guzzi, or MV Augusta depending on what I want, then Yamaha and Suzuki follow, in that order. Deals can be found on all if you look hard enough. Money does talk very loud today.

Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 02-26-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Banned

I'd say go with a Blackbird Woof but I'm biased....lol. Having both though allows me to ride each bike better having been on the other if you know what I mean. That's how it is for me anyway. Nothing wrong with any of the others you've mentioned though but if it were me I'd go with the Blackbird. You'll never wear it out, it goes like a cut cat and is a great looking machine. Cheers.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I wanted a tourer with some "go" I'd look seriously at the FJR1300 Yamaha.
I have 3 friends who own them and they have sold RC 51's and other "sportier" bikes in favour of the big Yammie.

For me the Blackbird is really just a 1000F on steroids...........don't get me wrong, I love them, but as an alternative ride for the long road I think a more upright sitting position would suit my older body a bit more. (I still however, do 700K's /400 miles in a day on the 1000F quite comfortably)

Just gimme a Busa with apehangers.............HEHEHE

Old 02-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
If I wanted a tourer with some "go" I'd look seriously at the FJR1300 Yamaha.
I have 3 friends who own them and they have sold RC 51's and other "sportier" bikes in favour of the big Yammie.

For me the Blackbird is really just a 1000F on steroids...........don't get me wrong, I love them, but as an alternative ride for the long road I think a more upright sitting position would suit my older body a bit more. (I still however, do 700K's /400 miles in a day on the 1000F quite comfortably)

Just gimme a Busa with apehangers.............HEHEHE

Close

It just amazes me the chit you can find on the internerd (when you bother looking)!

Here, Woof and Shadow, is THE consumate cross-rider (or cross-dresser) CBR1000F Mark 1

I just read the sign behind the guy's head and laughed!!

Cheers, SB

Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Close

It just amazes me the chit you can find on the internerd (when you bother looking)!

Here, Woof and Shadow, is THE consumate cross-rider (or cross-dresser) CBR1000F Mark 1

I just read the sign behind the guy's head and laughed!!

Cheers, SB
There's a guy on CBRXX.com that put similar ones on his Blackbird. Totally ridiculous but he loved them.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

About as much control as riding blindfold with epilepsy......................
Apehangers is an appropriate name...................
but I guess it depends which apes you hang with

Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the input. Don't know exactly what I'm looking for in a bike. All I know is my frame of mind about riding is suffering. Just droning through nasty weather is providing no happiness. Don't know when I last took a pleasure ride. Hardly even look at the bike on my days off. The road dog is getting pretty tired and starting to cost money but is necessary everyday. Seldom take a ride over 100mi these days. Maybe looking to spice things up a bit or or get comfortable behind a large windscreen.

Here's some examples of what I'm finding locally

Attached Thumbnails Thinking about going over the fence-00-929-3300.jpg   Thinking about going over the fence-02-954-3200.jpg   Thinking about going over the fence-96-1kf-3144.jpg   Thinking about going over the fence-99-bird-40k-3500.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thinking about going over the fence