The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

The Ski show got canceled

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default The Ski show got canceled

It was not for the lack of water. Cb2cbr and I were sitting under the roof to the right eating a Jack Burger a few months ago before parting ways after our ride Nord with Sprock.

Attached Thumbnails The Ski show got canceled-cimg0315.jpg  

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 09-01-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey:

Irene did us a bad one too, The Gun and Knife Show was canx to allow the local public arena to be set up for a storm/disaster shelter, now I have to wait till Novenber for the next one, Dang it. I would have taken a picture but the storm blew away the sign. Oh well at least we got wrestling this month and the Monster truck show in October to keep the Locals happy.

Dub

Last edited by CBR1988; 09-01-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wiped out my favorite restaurant and Glass Works in Quechee VT founded by my fellow
Irishman Simon Pearce

VID link

Last edited by Sprock; 09-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I guess the burgers are out...but hows the Catfish? Dam TBT it's just hard to believe all the flooding up there. Glad you and yours are ok.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:49 PM

We were on the west side of Irene after it turned into a tropical storm. We were just on the edge of it. The winds on the west side should not be as bad as the east side as it was moving north.

All bridges but two were out and smaller ones were washed away. They are still doing a lot of repair work around here. They are still removing downed trees. Hard to believe it was just the west side of the edge of a tropical storm.

We had some deaths here, stupid stuff. A man and woman standing on a bank and the woman fell and was washed away, a man and woman standing on a river bank and they both fell and got washed away. We had a guy trying to cross raging water in the road with his pick-up truck and he was swept into the river truck and all. They found the guy still in his truck at the bottom of the river two days later.

We had a guy take his two very young daughters out on the raging river, on a jet ski. The went over and got caught in a spill way. They were all saved and are OK.

The news showed a guy going through a flooded town, down the main street, about 50 mph on a jet ski without a life vest.

There were people doing stupid stuff and it caused one rescuer his life. He was swept away while saving some people.

I took some pictures for the bridge. There were whole trees moving down stream rapidly and a huge whirl pool just down stream of the bridge. Two idiots showed up on jet skis and were gunning through the whirl pool jumping it. Had they gone over, they would have been swept over a 22 ft dam with millions of gallons of water going over it.

I am not so amazed by the damage of the storm as I am of the stupidity of people.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the fish were jumping in the parking lot of the burger joint, the baseball field and all points in between.

Attached Thumbnails The Ski show got canceled-cimg0320.jpg  

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 09-02-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guy on the pwc should have been charged with child endangerment or something like
that imo ! How stupid was that .........what a moron !

Never ceases to amaze me how dumb some folks can be !

Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

Originally Posted by Sprock
Guy on the pwc should have been charged with child endangerment or something like

Agree. Reminds me of the guy that went to a sand spit in the Columbia to watch the tsunami come in. That was about the last thing he ever saw. At least he didn't have his three year old child with him.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:04 AM

Last night's news was a guy is looking for 22 horses that went to higher ground before getting washed away. A farmer lost 45 cows and something like 100 chickens. Houses have been knocked off their foundations and the people can't go in to get their personal stuff.

I'm lucky. All I had to do is go up on the roof in the middle of the storm to nail in some fascia that was coming off.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock

BIG +1 You gotta respect the power of Ma Nature!

Quick Reply: The Ski show got canceled