The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Quick Run on the CBR

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Quick Run on the CBR

When I got off work today, I ziptied my huge digital camera to my helmet again and got a quick vid (on the CBR this time).
The quality sucks *****, but you get the idea. The original on my computer is nice and sharp, but there is no way in hell I'm gonna wait 6+ hrs to upload the dam thing. This one took 40mins...
If anyone has any hints on how to upload, let me know.

Anyway, this is a ride from where I work, down to a local covered bridge and beyond. I take this ride at least a few times a month. The vid is just under 10mins.

It was kind-of annoying with the helmet cam, as the helmet was front heavy, and I needed to sit a little higher to clear the screen. It felt unnatural, and speed suffered.

Anyway, it was a beautiful day. A good bit of gravel about, though, because it rained yesterday and friday.

After you open the link, go to the vid menu (bottom right) and choose "high quality". It helps a little bit...

Bridge Ride

Old 09-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for sharing your vid Mr. Trout! Very nice! I see you observe the posted speed limit religiously.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to record a vid. The zip ties might do it. I know I won't be using any damn duct tape!!

Old 09-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Administrator - Retired

Thank ya, Dao.

I see you observe the posted speed limit religiously.
Always! I'm a good boy...

I think I may try to let the good quality vid upload while i sleep. It looks sooo much better, but I already tried to upload it once today and it ****ed up at hour #3 and I got pissed...lol..

Zip ties work ok as a mount. It looks goofy as hell, though.

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 09-13-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Zip ties work ok as a mount. It looks goofy as hell, though.
I bet! We have an older Hi-8 digital vid cam but that'll be too cumbersome to shoot with. I have a gaming vid card on my pc that isn't compatable with the rca jacks on it anyway. I was looking at our camera, but it only shoots 30 seconds of hi-q and 3 minutes of low-q video. Screw that. Everyone will have to live with stills for now.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Dylan , that was great Dude. Nice around your neck of the woods. Liked the bike
only bridge and the old road out of it, speed ramps were a hoot and I noticed a few
of those signs only read top ............ seemed to be missing an S .

Anyway very good my friend and a nice fast pace made it all the more enjoyable to
watch.............expect Steve(s) and Pete will give ya thumbs up on it too.

However Julia's the official ............back slapper on this stuff ............be interesting
to see what she thinks of a Kill A Trouts Vid !

Old 09-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Administrator - Retired

Thanks, Mark.
That bridge is pretty cool. I used to hang out there when I was younger. The inside used to be all graffiti (not by me, though). It looks a lot nicer now.
I stopped for a second at the one end to show how close my mirrors are when you go through. It's a perfect fit!

I think I may have figured out a few things about uploading and converting and stuff, too. I had a few settings that were screwy.
I have one uploading at the moment that looks much better. Only 2hrs, too! lol..

Hopefully it will be done and I'll have it posted before Jules and the others get here....

My next vid is gonna be some off road stuff on the KLR. It should be a good one, especially if I get a couple of good wrecks on tape...

Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool man ...........look forward to the Dirtbike Vid

Uploading ............quite simply ............is slow no matter which host you use.

@ work we run 30 megs down and up ............and Dude it ain't no faster
there............Really Hosts can only handle so much stuff at a time so they
throttle all the stuff coming into them......

Old 09-13-2009, 10:39 PM

I was right there with ya the whole way. Got a little creapy at the old grave yard though.

I'm not convinced that was actually a bridge for motorized vehicles though.

Nice county. Reminds me of my childhood in Kansas City.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Administrator - Retired

Sprock, I think you're right. Pretty much slow no matter what you do....

I was right there with ya the whole way. Got a little creapy at the old grave yard though.
What's funny about the graveyard thing is that the dam video shut off all by itself. No joke. Still not sure why.
I actually rode all up through the cemetary because it has these cool windy little roads that lead to the top of the hill where you can see the mountaintops and some really cool grave monuments. I thought it would be a cool shot.

I stopped the vid at the top, but it actually restarted it, and I got a 2min vid of me taking my gloves off and having a smoke. So the memory card wasn't full....it just stopped.
Weird.

As far as the bridge.... nope, not for motor vehicles...

Old 09-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great vid, Dylan !
Countryside where you live looks like the area around my home, too.
Very few cars though........nice road, and great bridge shot !
No potholes, so you can tell it isn't Africa........
Bike is a LOT quieter than mine. and sounds sweet.
You may like to try sticking some tape over your mike - it'll cut down the wind noise, but you should still here the bike engine.
I'm not into sound tracks - just engine sound is great !
Good one !

Quick Reply: Quick Run on the CBR