The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Probably not a lot to add to this really

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 03:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Having now looked at this a bit more closely (my
About 11 secs in, the Lada starts to go into rollover mode. It's only the collision with the oncoming truck that stops it from rolling. Given that I never see him undo a seatbelt he was probably damn lucky that oncoming truck took him out before he started flipping his lovely Lada.
Yes, I`m sure the driver and owner of that new DAF XF will concur to this...

Old 12-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lost me Mattson, was it not a Lada ? Sorry, not an aficionado of crappy Russian cars.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

DAF XF.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:59 AM

Gotcha.

Excuse my ignorance.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:06 AM

How did I know?

I`m planning to get one for my next truck.

Old 12-08-2012, 04:12 AM

Just watch out for the Lada's mate, try and catch them when they're at low level in the early part of the roll.

Wouldn't want one of those pieces of crap coming up through your windscreen, that could seriously hurt.

Last edited by gotcbr; 12-08-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:39 AM

Those, and the old 316/318 beemers... Basically anything with RWD and an 18yr old behind the wheel in winter. When it snows, we have a saying "it`s raining power" as all the kids go drifting downtown...

And another group is the 15 yr kids with their moped cars and TOTAL ignorance of ANY traffic laws... THAT, my friend, is suicidal to watch... Definetely not going to buy one for my kid, those things are death traps, specially cause they are ridiculosely expensive so only the rich kids get them who are already those arrogant me-me- types who don`t give a F bout traffic laws. It`s at the same time funny and sad to read headlines from the newspapers:

"MOPED CAR CRASHED INTO ANOTHER, BOTH DRIVERS DRUNK, 15 KIDS INJURED"

Too many times that lesson is the last one they learn...

And sorry for another rant, just can`t get my head around the european union`s law writing. From what angle is a 2 seated, 2 cylinder, 400cc diesel CAR a moped and therefore legal for a 15yr old KID to operate...

Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 AM

I hear what you're saying Mattson, but I think maybe you and I grew up in a different age.

Me, a car license just a few days after turning 15 (as was the age back then) and then a full bike license just a few weeks later.

A Kwaka 500 triple in my last year at high school (16 - 17 years old) and a Kwaka 900 at 17 - 18 years old .

It's not about age, it's about respect for the crazy fast machine that you own, other people on the road, and the recognition that even at 17 you are not immortal.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:16 AM

Propably yes, those moped cars have just emerged here a few years ago.

Ok, this is a bit messy but this is how it goes here:

I`m a `85, and therefore was on the first generation who had to go through a moped-class driving exam, which back then was just a 10 min. theory test with no driving test or mandatory lessons at all. At 16 I got my "little-a" license which allows you to operate a bike of max. 125cc and the power has to be restricted to max 11kw. To get that you have to go through a bunch of both theory and driving lessons as well as the respective tests. Cause I had the little a, it automatically changed into a "middle-a" when I turned 18 which allows to operate a bike of no cc restrictions, but max 25kw. And when I turned 20 it changed to the "big A" that allows to drive any bike, no restrictors.

Had I not driven the "little a" back when I was 16, I would have had to wait till I was 21 to be able to drive the big A license.

B-class, or car license, has to be 18 and consists of a lot of theory and driving lessons, as well as both theory and driving test.

C- or truck class same as above, only you have to either already have a B-class license or you can opt to drive a BC-card at once.

After the emergence of the moped cars an the spike in accident levels the authorities woke up to the fact that the 15yr old kinds don`t know s***t about the traffic laws cause the theory test is so easy you can luck your way through it, and last year added some mandatory lessons and a driving test to the license. The funny part is the driving test is still being done on a moped and the moped-cars can be driven with the same license. Awaiting a fix to this, it has already been brought to public attention and the authorities have promised to attend to the issue.

God only knows when...

Old 12-08-2012, 05:33 AM

Moped cars? not something I've ever heard of before,

but here you go, they obviously exist, just not in my part of the world

BBC - Newsbeat - 'Moped cars' for 16-year-olds coming to the UK