The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

The other 1000RR

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The other 1000RR

Got to ride one of these today .......all I can say is at 193bhp

and then some.......... skid marks you know where !

At some point if when the piggy banks full ....gonna get me one !

Attached Thumbnails The other 1000RR-bmws1000rr.jpg  
Old 11-12-2010, 05:49 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delectable!

Let me just wipe the drool from my chin.

You're a lucky boy Sprock my friend, now it's my turn

Old 11-12-2010, 05:54 PM

That is the only reason I pay the Idiot Tax... er, I mean play the lottery

Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 PM

hmmmmm it was INSANE Guys really ....yez can stuff the Busa this thing is way more
refined and a complete joy........ and Kuro .....right with ya man ..... just got through
talking about it with the wife ......... her take .......... "dream on Biker Boy"

Old 11-12-2010, 06:45 PM

A lot of track schools are picking up the BMWs for their loaner bikes. California Superbike School uses it for all track levels and their 2 day camp.

Yes, I'm saving to take the camp in 2011

Old 11-12-2010, 06:54 PM

Well it's not surprising , it has the 4 mode ecu programming , Rain, Sport, Race & Slick
modes ........crazy and enlightening, and then the gear assist on it (GA) ....you can
upshift while keeping hard on the throttle ........OMFG ........that's where the in-saneness
just begins, brakes are amazing and the front fork setup with damper
is phenomenal....... I mean this was just totally out of this world ....speechless is
how I was .......I could hardly talk to the sales Guy right after ....total adrenalin pump
session !

Be honest with ya though I was very careful .........at 18k threabouts .....could not afford
to own it by defall----t

Only real obvious bitch I had with it was the sidestand.......a complete pain to get down
with riding boots on .......has no tang on it to catch with your boot .....what the hell was
with that I wonder ! looked like an after thought !

EDIT :

This kinda represents what I felt !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85A7ZRcSmEI&NR=1

Last edited by Sprock; 11-12-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F'N WOW Sprock! Has your 'trouser tent' gone down yet?. Amazing to see how fast the speed increases on those beasts. Our old girls are no slouches, but bloody hell!

I love your long suffering wife's comment "Dream on biker boy". That's pretty much what I'd get. Keep chipping away though mate, you never know.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sprock what about offering the Missus on the slave trade maybee you could swap her for enough to buy your dream bike, you may even get enough for the first tank of fuel too.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:13 AM

Dunno about that man , but I did find out BMW have some discounts for people
who work in the public safety line of work (me) and even some better deals for
veterans and active duty servicemen & women ..... which is nice.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a ride on an RR when the demo truck was here back in April. The leader explained the different modes (I kept it in Sport Mode), that I could shift up without the clutch and with the throttle on, and that the brake warning light would come on at the beginning. I was on a beautiful red, white, and blue one.

I started the bike and put my feet on the pegs. They were positioned about where the passenger pegs are located on the CBR. At the first light, I stalled it at the green. At the next light, I made sure to give it more throttle and I reved it so high the shift light came on.

We accelerated onto a freeway and I looked down at the speedo-85 mph (25 over the limit). Holy crap this thing moves. We exited at a cloverleaf. The stubby clip-ons are much harder to instigate a turn than the CBR, but once leaned over, the bike was in it's groove. I accelerated like a demon and came up to another light. The guy behind me on a GS pulls up and tells me that my bike has unbelievable acceleration. I nod, grinning ear to ear.

And the brakes were like anchors. I'm used to four finger braking and I was stopping well behind the lead rider and had to move up at the lights. We went on another highway, a backroad, the interstate, and a major street. I didn't look down at the speedo, but we went very fast. When we exited the interstate, I saw that a Highway Patrol had just pulled over a car. Lucky for us.

The fairing blocked the wind from my crotch, but that's about all. Actually, the clipon's positioned my head over the fairing, which makes the bike disappear beneath you. Pretty much like you are flying like Superman. Make sure your neck is flexible. Just when I was getting the feel for the clutch, brakes, shifter, throttle, and handling, the ride came to an end. It was over 40 minutes, but my wrists didn't hurt. My knees and ankles were a little stiff from the sharp angle, but it was a great ride and a great bike.

Would be a nice bike for the track, but I ride on streets and backroads. The old CBR is way more practical and comfortable. And the CBR actually feels quicker (up to 50mph anyway). I had a great time and highly recommend the S1000RR for a demo ride, but I wouldn't buy one.

Quick Reply: The other 1000RR