The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

need some ooomph

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Change the sprockets and turn her into a wheelie machine
took her out today, takes concentration at first but if you never let her drop below 6k, shes one hot handful, shes shows her age on handling under braking but thats just part of the fun

Old 03-22-2015, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chippy211
David,

If you just want to get off the line quicker and accelerate faster then a sprocket change would be the way to go and that can be done at my place as usual.

Anything more than that and you are talking big money and not really a huge gain unless you turbo.
good to see a post from you Chippy, hows the ride? mines gor her m.o.t next week.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi David,

My girl is awesome, with the new Motobatt installed, new boots on and the suspension all sorted it was like riding a different bike.

Took her down to get booked in for her MOT on Friday, wanted it today but they were booked up but they did it there and then and she walked it. Now she's as legal as can be so I'm hoping to knock some miles up this year.

I'm sure your baby will walk the MOT, I know how good she is.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:18 AM

MOT passed no advisories

Old 04-02-2015, 07:28 AM

That's awesome David. That makes us both legal for another year.

Hopefully we can get a decent ride in somewhere this year if weather and work permits.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 AM
hmm
Default That makes 3 of us

Mine (1990 FL) passed her MOT last weekend too! Tester (Walton Road Garage, Molesey) said he had another red CBR1K in for MOT the week before. Someone on this forum?

Put a Pilot Power on the front (Pilot Road 2 on the back but my fave mechanic/tyre man didn't have one and it was the day before the MOT!). Now feels like a new bike. New clutch a few weeks ago too, now finding her really easy to wheelie in first and no slippage at high throttle is sooooooooo nice.

Not had the valves adjusted in years and I'm sure I have a petrol leak somewhere as she smells bad after a ride - and even days later - but she's quick enough for me.

Work colleague was behind me the other day, said I left a cloud of dark smoke as I roared away from the lights. My car mechanic (keen biker who rides a Fireblade) said Wynn's Stop Smoke is pretty good and won't make the clutch slip. Anyone tried it?

Have a good Easter everyone!

Old 04-02-2015, 08:21 AM

Sounds like we all get our bike MOT'd at about the same time. Must be something to do with the weather.

Not used Wynn's Stop Smoke but have used their engine cleaner and I know that works.

Enjoy the Easter holidays all, some of us are at work on an oil rig!!

Old 04-02-2015, 09:31 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used it before my rebuild, no probs with clutch but couldn't stop the amount of smoke I was producing but did slow down oil usage a bit.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:36 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Originally Posted by hmm
Not had the valves adjusted in years and I'm sure I have a petrol leak somewhere as she smells bad after a ride - and even days later - but she's quick enough for me.

Work colleague was behind me the other day, said I left a cloud of dark smoke as I roared away from the lights. My car mechanic (keen biker who rides a Fireblade) said Wynn's Stop Smoke is pretty good and won't make the clutch slip. Anyone tried it?

Have a good Easter everyone!
Does she use a lot of oil, are you sure she's not just running rich? Oil burnt is usually blue smoke (I believe).

Happy Easter, enjoy the weekend

Old 04-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clean the carbs repair the fuel bowl orings leaking and a new hi flow air filter, I'd steer
away from a stop smoke additive and go with a heavier grade synthetic oil