The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

a little - viewing entertainment

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:32 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let Honda build a modern Hurricane with 1400 plus cc's, that is what we need.

They tried with the VFR 1200 - what a FLOP !

Old 12-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

^The ST1300 is no better. A Honda guy I am but there is nothing on the showroom floor that turns my head these days. I don't think they are serious about staying in the motorcycle business. They don't have that competitive drive that they had back in the '70's and '80's. Even their cruisers lack in the market.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^

Totally agree with ya TBT and I think Shadow has the track winner with the 90 CUB

here's the zx without the trumpet pipes

http://youtu.be/_dj41sIAiWk

Last edited by Sprock; 12-30-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're both kinda ugly if you ask me. The ZX14 gets the "less ugly" award, tho. lol..

Old 01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
I don't think they are serious about staying in the motorcycle business. They don't have that competitive drive that they had back in the '70's and '80's. Even their cruisers lack in the market.
Have to agree that you're probably on the right line there TBT.

Was in Dunedin recently (one of the bigger cities in NZ, and the "capital" of the Otago region - population 120 000 +).

There is no longer a Honda dealership there, hasn't been for about three years now I think.

That "American brand whose name we must not speak of" is very well represented.

Go figure.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
That "American brand whose name we must not speak of" is very well represented.
That kind of thing right there blows me away. I don't get it......oops!.....I forgot....you can buy some nice black T-shirts in those shops.

The problem with the 200 or 200+ HP bikes is they are to powerful. Big $$$ rear tire replacement all the time. If your not replacing tires, you are wasting your money on the ponies. Either way you lose.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
That kind of thing right there blows me away. I don't get it......oops!.....I forgot....you can buy some nice black T-shirts in those shops.
I think you might be being a little unfair there TBT.

Apart from lots of black T-shirts in ++ size fittings, they did have a lot of big belt buckles too.

I didn't go for one thou, cos the funny looking bird on it had wings so it can't have been a Kiwi.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:59 PM

They are both wicked fast and I always liked the 'Busa from the start.Something about the look of it is still more attractive than the Kaw to me.(no accounting for taste) Up until I got my Hurricane I was going that way. I am at the point now that I'm not sure I want a bike with that type of potential any more...I would USE it. Also any mistake at the throttle would bring some 'moments'.
What it comes down to for me is that would I like it ? Yes ! Would I explore hyperspace with it ? YES !
Do I need more than my Hurricane? Na,I'm cool...

Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by grendl
Do I need more than my Hurricane? Na,I'm cool...
I don't want to look like everyone else or have my bike look like standard issue. The cane is cool in it's own right and I'm pretty cool with riding it.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM

If i wanted more power than my cane I would probably go to the blackbird a fuel injected version. They are very fast bikes, still not in the Busa or ZX14 class.

At this time I have had my cane for 2 years and she still gets my pulse going with I open her up. She was a rocket in her day and still is in my opinion. I have managed to keep her reputation strong as she has defended her title several times. I have trounced many new 600s like the
Yamaha R6. Even beat a 02 TL1000R that had a 170 pound rider and his bike was about 100 pounds lighter than mine. Honda 600rr are spanked on a regular basis. Might add all races were not started by me. They came looking. Funny thing is most say she really is a sleeper being 24 years old after the old cane shows em her tailight. I always say she was the fasted top speed bike in 1988 and would run mid 10's in the 1/4. She is not a sleeper she is a *** kicker. All this with 61k on her.

You all are right Honda doesn't have anything new that I like or even want. I stick with my cane.

Quick Reply: a little - viewing entertainment