The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

It's been a lousy summer but . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's been a lousy summer but . . .

it's getting better. Due to every spare minute going into fixing up our house, packing, getting ready to sell and move the bike hasn't even been started yet this summer. But last week while we were gone my new tires (Dunlop Road Smarts) arrived, and today the wheels and tires are being introduced to each other. There are a few items to take care of, and then - off to the road.

I'm feeling better all ready.

Then when the house sells and we move there will be miles of new roads to explore. I can hardly wait.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I feel your pain with the moving and not being able to ride DRam.

My partner sold her house down by the beach (old family home) and we've been moving her stuff up here and into storage, and cleaning and moving and burning old timber and cleaning and.......................... for the last 6 weekends.

I look at my bike lovingly each time I pass by it and did actually start it last Satuday morning before we went down for more packing/cleaning/moving

Just think how god it will be when you are back in the saddle! I know I am.

Cheers, SB

Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When my stator failed I had to wait 4 weeks for a replacement - we ride year round here so 4 weeks is FOREVER to be off the bike - I'm lucky and can ride the bike to work often so she doesn't stay idle very often.

It's never a good time when you move house - that's when you find out how much junk you've accumulated over the years.

Soon be over, look forward to the new roads.....................

Old 08-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When I was starting my family, I took on a job in CT and left my bike at my mom's house. On some weekends we drove home with playpens, baby carriages and all kinds of crap. I lived there for 6 years. I didn't ride during those years.

When I moved back to NY, I couldn't get three kids, wife and dog on the bike so I ended up selling it.

It was something like 18 years that I didn't ride. That's life!

Old 08-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel you man, I moved places and had to sell my bike in the process. Fortunately I was able to buy another one soon after that needed a little work but I should be on it shortly.

Kinda sucks missing the summer but riding in the cold but keep ur eye's on ur reward... new roads!!!!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We've lived in this house 33 years. I've made several trips to the dump, even more to thrift store, sent things home with the kids, given stuff to friends, and you almost can't tell it. Where did all that stuff come from? I don't remember buying it. In fact, there has been a lot of it I didn't know we had.

I am looking forward to the new roads. We're moving from central Montana to the Flathead Valley in western Montana. Thirty five or so years ago we lived there and I spent considerable time on a '69 CB350 riding the four northwestern counties. So in a way they aren't really new roads, but I'd guess there have been changes.

For sure Highway 93 from Glacier Park to Missoula has been upgraded. I reluctantly admit it was needed, but riding from Kalispell to Polson was great fun - narrow, twisty, and admittedly somewhat dangerous. It will take a few rides to see if the old roads still look familiar.

The bike: it's sitting outside with new tires, waiting for a final checkover before hitting the road.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DRam
Where did all that stuff come from?
I don't know but what doesn't end up at your place ends up here.