The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

I am so over Spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 04:38 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am so over Spring

It's the season that promises so much as we approach Summer, but so consistently fails to deliver.

20c + here at lunchtime today; it's now blowing a howling gale and snowing, had to crank up the fire.

I think I'm maybe becoming to think Autumn might be my favorite season.

It doesn't make any outrageous promises, but it never fails to deliver stunning calm days with beautiful tree colors that are just a joy to ride through.

So all you guys "up top" get out there and appreciate the Autumn, it is a beautiful time of the year. You know you will have to put the old girls away soon.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
So all you guys "up top" get out there and appreciate the Autumn, it is a beautiful time of the year. You know you will have to put the old girls away soon.
Appreciate the Autumn? It was 11*F (-11.6*C) at my house this morning. We had several inches of snow over the weekend, although not quite as much as some other areas in the US where they're expecting 4 ft (yes, ft) of snow accumulation by the end of the week.

I think fall left us early this year. I already put my old girl away for the winter a few weeks ago. She will not be coming back out until next April.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:31 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I tell you, you guys in the MidWest - I feel for you guys.

I've got a brother in Carbondale, IL, and family in IN and MI - I have no idea how you guys continue to live there. I really don't. I couldn't take the fluctuation and the extremes you put up with.

On another note, it's finally starting to get tolerable where I live (SW FL).

Old 11-18-2014, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Being in the deep south, if you dress right, you can pretty much ride all year round.
But in the summer it can make you want to forego the safety gear.
But kiwi is right, not too many things are nicer than riding when the leaves are full of color.

Old 11-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hamlin6
Being in the deep south, if you dress right, you can pretty much ride all year round.
I got home from Dothan last week, there were a few days with frost down there, early for this time of year.

I also like fall over the muddy spring with constant showers. Today its 23°F (-5°C) here and the bikes are not moving. The first ski bus rolls out Sunday morning, I may be on it.

But you are spot on TK, I hate when the temp bounces back and forth. Keep it cold or keep it hot so I know what to bring for the day.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 310 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
I got home from Dothan last week, there were a few days with frost down there, early for this time of year.
If you're from Dothan then you are familiar with the clear indicator of any kind of frost, which is brown kudzu. That stuff grows like crazy in the summer but can't handle the slightest amount of frost. It goes from brilliant green to dead brown almost in an instant.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Well Spring is proving beautiful in South Aussie, to the extent that Mrs SB and I will be going on a 4 day fishing trip as from Friday. Weather up to 40 C inland with thunderstorms and about 26 C along the west coast.

Bring it on!

Cheers, SB

PS: We have had three 'extreme' and one 'catastrophic' declared fire danger days already so summer will have bushfires......................

Old 11-19-2014, 03:57 AM
Welcome Crew

well were going into winter in blighty, but you never know what the uk weather will bring, probably wet mild and windy, autumn is good as it can be a bit cooler and quite scenic

Old 11-19-2014, 04:51 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Well Spring is proving beautiful in South Aussie, to the extent that Mrs SB and I will be going on a 4 day fishing trip as from Friday. Weather up to 40 C inland with thunderstorms and about 26 C along the west coast.

Bring it on!

Cheers, SB

PS: We have had three 'extreme' and one 'catastrophic' declared fire danger days already so summer will have bushfires......................
You are actually a totally good weather ****, but you already know that don't you?

The good lady wife and I are are over to Sydney for a week in early March for the Eagles concert. I suspect we will find that stupidedly hot and uncomfortable.

Last edited by kiwi TK; 11-19-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's warming up here in central Montana. We're looking at daytime highs in the mid-thirties to mid-forties (Farenheit) for the next few days. That beats last week with highs in the teens and lows to -11. Just a few inches of snow, but the first fell when roads were warm enough to melt it, then the temperature dropped to 0 quickly and froze everything. Haven't seen a two-wheeler out since.

Quick Reply: I am so over Spring