The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

I am out of ideas :icon_cry:

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009 | 12:56 PM

If you have done the carb work that you stated, you must re-balance the carbs. I firmly believe that your carbs are out of sync. This would explain the crappy running and lean/rich plugs.

You must re-balance.

Old 12-03-2009 | 01:06 PM
Default what a bum

hi ya i have a spare set of carbs on me garage shelf ,want some your air intake will be on its way soon!!

Old 12-03-2009 | 01:33 PM
|

I'll check my coils too, thanks shadow
Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
If you have done the carb work that you stated, you must re-balance the carbs. I firmly believe that your carbs are out of sync. This would explain the crappy running and lean/rich plugs.

You must re-balance.
I balanced my carbs right after I put them back on, but I will check again.

carldalmas
I think will stick to my carbs, I don't want to resort to replacing them just yet, and let me know the shipping costs, Thanks.

Old 12-03-2009 | 02:28 PM
|

I tried what slowpoke said and most of them come down and go up pretty smoothy but the #4 comes down extremely slowly. Could that be doing it?
I also check the spark on all of them and they all seem to be about the same.

Last edited by pablohoney; 12-03-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 12-04-2009 | 02:24 PM
|
Default Still won't run!!

I made took out the carbs and took out the slide and cleaned it off and it would slide smoothly, but the bike won't even start now. Sometimes it will give a loud ppfftt and shoot smoke out the tailpipe. It I tried to roll start it and it would start with full choke but would die a couple seconds after, and die immediately if I gave it any gas. I checked all plugs and they all give a good spark. I remain stumped.

Old 12-04-2009 | 04:54 PM
Default carbs

you problem is an air leak in rubbers poss or carb gaskets , try spraying easy start in air intake gently and see if she will run on it, a few minutes if you can run on it .try blocking each carb airintake and look for air leaks by spraying soapy water around seals

Old 12-04-2009 | 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by pablohoney
I tried what slowpoke said and most of them come down and go up pretty smoothy but the #4 comes down extremely slowly. Could that be doing it?
Most motorcycles don't run good on three cylinders. Here's how to clean the pistons. The first picture shows how dirty one of my piston's is after one riding season. That piston/needle has to slide as smooth as a baby's a$$. Also clean the piston bore. See that Vaseline? That will come in at the end.

The next picture shows the carb cleaner straw sticking down an air bleed. This air bleed lifts the piston/needle when the choke is on. Look down this air bleed and move the choke lever. When the choke is on, the air pressure comes through this bleed hole to lift the piston/needle and richen the mixture. With the choke lever open, spray carb cleaner through the bleed. If you spray it when the choke lever is closed, the carb cleaner will come back into your eye.

The last picture shows where the Vaseline goes. The car cleaner straw is pointing to the groove where the rubber O-ring of the diaphragm fits. THIS IS WHERE MOST VACUUM LEAKS OCCUR. Dab a thin layer of Vaseline in this groove before you install the piston/needle/diaphragm. The diaphragm's O-ring should be secured in the groove due to the holding power of the Vaseline. Now put in the spring and secure the cover. Only three more to go.

Old 12-04-2009 | 09:42 PM
|

Thanks for the write up slowpoke and for the info cbrclassic and carldalmas. Hopefully it will be running tommorow.

Old 12-06-2009 | 01:51 PM
|

I did what slowpoke said and it didn't do much, when it did start for a brief moment with full choke, I checked the pipes and #3 and #4 were stone cold, #1 and #2 were warm. So I sprayed some starter fluid in 3 and 4's intakes and it started, but I couldn't find any air leaks. What's next?

Quick Reply: I am out of ideas :icon_cry: