The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

hi ppl

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009 | 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by tatmike
i have just put 3 pics of the parts i have and a big thanks to shadow for telling me about the parts but i cant at the min as i just been made redundant so im pretty fu--ed off now just when i thought everything was going ok this had to happen im so p---ed off WHY ME
Hey Mike, sorry to hear that your situation went south, especially when you've taken on a resto project like this. Shadow is right, you aren't alone. We got tossed into a similar situation. Take whatever work comes your way, even if it's not your cup of tea. Things will turn around eventually and all will be good again. Best of luck!

Old 09-08-2009 | 07:54 PM
|

thanks for that doajones things can only get better classic i just seen that bike it looks nice but i would rather do my project then i can look at her and say i brought you back to life and i will more so now thanks again classic

Old 09-09-2009 | 01:02 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

i just found somethin out the guy said it did not start you could only bump start it but looking at the starter relay switch main fuse its not they 1 connecter isnt there so im thinking new relay or second hand any ideas anyone got a spare not got much money.

If it will bump start, that's a good "start" (sorry, couldn't help it)
That may be the relay, as you say. I don't have one spare, but I saw one on e-Bay for about 99P I think. May be shot battery, or even the dreaded starter damper unit......ugh ! But if I could fix mine with the help of the guys here, you can too !

I'd be a bit careful of the cheap fork seals - some of us have had problems there - better to buy Honda ones even though they ain't cheap. It's not worth doing the job twice.............

Maybe do a "swop" on e-bay with guys who need what you have extras of - maybe even some of the members here need some stuff - it's just "being creative" as JHouse says...............

It may help to look at the part lists at www.mrcycles.com
You can then see the exploded views of all the parts, and have part numbers for when finances pick up a bit.