The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

help im new to this!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help im new to this!

hi everyone,
i have a 1992 1000cbrf , i recently got the bike so im looking for mods and mod parts but i cant find anything at all out there?maybe im looking in the wrong place? im a painter by trade so ive got the paint side of things covered but there was a few things id concidered doing but struggling to find parts etc,ive managed to get my hands on a gsxr 750 steering damper and my mission for 2moro is have a word with the lads in engineering to fabricate it to the bike,(is it just mine or is the front end light on them all) ive changed wheel and headstock bearings.
i dont want to go down the road of butchering the bike because my last bike was completly custom and took me ages to do and by the time id finished i got bored.
for now im looking at changing the exhaust for a 4 into 1 instead of 2(cant find pipes though)
and i was thinking has anybody ever tried to graft an early blade front fairing with twin lights on? i think it would look pretty cool!
if you can help that would be great
thank you

Old 10-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum,

It is an interesting route you are taking! I can't say I've found the front end was light on either of the CBR1000F's I ride. Generally fairly planted I would have said - but then again, I've probably slowed down a lot with my riding.

4 into 1 pipes exist and there are a few on the forum with them. Google search and see what comes up.

The Blade front fairing would be interesting - haven't seen that done before.

Post some pictures of your bike when you can.

Cheers, SB

Old 10-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a company that makes aftermarket cowls for the cbr that has the twin headlight, someone here with a better memory might put a link up for you.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 AM

I have a 4 to 1 system on both my bikes, Vance and Hines. I also had a yosimura (sp) that was on one of the bikes when I got it. Its still in my garage, would need some fabrication to fit better.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:05 AM

im going to fit the damper and drop the bars through the yoke a little to see if that helps,,,,maybe slowing down a bit isnt such a bad idea 2 lol,,,,id be intrested to see how i could get an early blade front to fit,,,idealy id need a front end to take some measurments i think,although if i can buy 1 i might just do that.
thanks for your help guys,much appreciated!

Old 10-07-2013, 12:42 PM

Need high res shots on an adaptor someone made to fit the pipe on my other bike? They didn't make spring clips that's why I didn't use it. that front end would be pretty slick

Old 10-07-2013, 02:31 PM

i was thinking of possibly adaptint the original pipes,blanking off 1 side and widening the other side to improve gas flow that way ill know the exaust will definatly fit