The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Heads up for Kiwi guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads up for Kiwi guys

This might be worth a look if you're thinking about coming down and sampling the great SI roads this summer.

Great weather at that time of the year, Central Otago roads are just awesome, Bannockburn Pub is a very cool place and Tim Hanna as a publican has to be an excellent idea.

That place has the potential to be a Bikers Mecca if he turns out to be half as good a host as he is an author.

Anyway if you're not that keen on camping, PM me, we're about 35 min from Bannockburn and have a couple of spare rooms.

Cheers

TK

Bannockburn Bike Week

Old 12-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish I was closer, I'd take you up on that for sure !

Old 12-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
if you're thinking about coming down and sampling the great SI roads this summer.
OK! Soooo, on the other half of this big ball, below the center line, when you say come down do you mean to say come up???? And when do you expect to see people showing up? When you say summer do you really mean to say winter even though it's warm out?????

Does Santa have to deliver on the up side first and then go home and install wheels on the sleigh, to deliver on the down side in the summer winter??

One thing I do know is...you can ski or ride a motorcycle 365 days a year...you just need to figure out how to get there.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Senior Member & can cook minute rice in 58sec

off subject,,, just found out about a year ago that my dad is a kiwi

born in te-puke,, were my grandparents lived.
he;s in his 80's and came here when he was 8 0r 9 years of age

and i only found out when i needed info for my passport (first one) age now 44

makes me want to visit the islands now and tour it on a bike,

so where can i hire one, and who will put me up lol

Old 12-23-2011, 02:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I was closer too...and not so skint . My best mate's a Kiwi, would that qualify me to come and drink all your beer TK?

It's very cool of you to offer rooms to relative strangers mate...stranger relatives are probably more of a worry though.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by davethepom
It's very cool of you to offer rooms to relative strangers mate...stranger relatives are probably more of a worry though.
That's why it's in the Saloon, I don't consider you guys relative strangers, just relatively strange.

Now, if I had put that up in the main board you would get all these young pups with 600's turning up and doing stunting stuff, and they would bring their friends with Gixxers and it would just be very annoying, cause they would be loud and they would dis me etc etc.

I try very hard not to let my prejudices show but sometimes I can just be a right grumpy old pr1ck.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Hey TK , mate , is it bloody hot over your side of the river mate ???
Yeah bit toasty Steve, currently 10:40pm and just on 27 outside. It's kind of OK when you are just kicked back and relaxing but I have really struggled the last few days at work.

All good and fine when you're in the office with the aircon going flat out but not quite so clever when you have to go and do some fieldwork.

S'all good, I guess one of the reasons we live here is that the seasons are so different; give it a few months, I'll be whinging about how fecking cold it is.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:54 AM

Grumpy old *****????????
I thought that was my job in the family you young upstart. Even if you do look like an old geezer in your daughter's graduation photo.
Same offer stands if any of you are in the North Island either in Hawkes Bay (east coast) or inthe winterless hahahahaha capital Wellington gateway to the South Island and some of the greatest bike roads anywhere.
Wish you all a merry christmas and a happy and safe new year.

Quick Reply: Heads up for Kiwi guys