CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   The Hurricane Saloon (https://cbrforum.com/forum/hurricane-saloon-79/)
-   -   Grounded due to memory loss (https://cbrforum.com/forum/hurricane-saloon-79/grounded-due-memory-loss-91691/)

CBRclassic 04-18-2009 06:11 AM

Grounded due to memory loss

Yer , ok we have a place to talk chit now , so om gunna tell you the dumbest thing I have done this week...

I wake up this morning ...go out to my bike , pull off her cover and get ready to go for a quick solo run ...

Well while wiping her down with a clean cloth , I look at the registration label and bugger me dead , its due to expire in April ?? :eek: hmmmm?
yer its April now I think to my self :rolleyes: a closer check and I read that its expired on April 9 !!!!!
chitt !..****in hell ...dam , poop....:eek:

I race up to the office and rummage around in the accounts to be paid pile and yup....the misses has forgotten to mail the bastard !!!

More ... chitt !..****in hell ...dam , poop....:eek: and I realize that's it for my weekend ...bike unregistered till Monday when I pay the bloody rego....

Om impressed ... NOT ..
3 grand kids staying over the weekend and over night ! and I HAVE NO ESCAPE !!!:eek:

ok ... so if I could reach my own ass with my foot , I would give myself a kickin !!:rolleyes:

Vent over :D

cbrsixpack 04-18-2009 06:53 AM

Lol..............

Not cheap either,is it mate.The risk of riding without it is a no-no................

CBRclassic 04-18-2009 07:27 AM

Yup.. its not cheap no more Rob... 470.00 or something stupidly high like that..

I have forgotten my work van rego before today , but the bloody CBR !!:eek:
I am seriously going to crack one if it is sunny tomorrow mate...

Yer I know , its only a day to wait:rolleyes: , but I had all my gear out this morning ready to go ... wiped her down and chit , spotted the label and thought to myself that I had not seen the new one come in the dam mail as yet ?? :rolleyes:

hmmm....then I looked closer !! *^$%*(&^)(*(*^ ck...

and no its not worth getting booked over a bloody day I suppose mate ..
so I will be good and just gristle my guts out here all day tomorrow prolly :D

swisherred 04-18-2009 09:28 AM

at least here they give you 30 days and the benefit of the doubt...if they are in a good mood and you really look surprised when they tell you. :) got mine registered 3 days ago finally....lol...only had like 300 miles on it before then. :)

kilgoretrout 04-18-2009 12:44 PM

Much better that you noticed it in your driveway rather than along side the road with johnny law on your arse. I'd say you win! :)

I put on my new sticker last night. Old one expired the last day of March! Dam good thing, too, because I got trailed by the lawman for about 5miles right after I put it on. He was just looking for a reason...

hawkwind 04-18-2009 03:11 PM

Tough break Steve! Know just how you feel mate . A couple of months ago was going out for a night ride , got kitted up , sat on the bike started her up and POP! the f*cking headlight blew! So no night ride for me:mad:

Now this was in the days before I knew both sides of the headlight should light up (thanks for the heads-up guys) so I didn't realise I was on the last bulb and borrowed time . Rode round the block on main beam 'cos I was in denial , but thought better of it 'cos old mister plod would of had me for sure:rolleyes:
At least she aint sick mate:) , but I must admit the temptation would be too much for me.

CBRriderNevada 04-18-2009 05:40 PM

Opportunity knocks

Steve, opportunity knocks. Get the grand kids to clean the garage while you drink a Jimmy Black and tell them it is character building for when they grow up. Tell the misses that you prefer to be with her this weekend instead of riding and you score big time brother (don't let her know it is because of the registration or lack there of). You just have to turn this lack of memory into a good thing and have the neighbor kick your arse since you can't reach behind you.....:D
P.S. When I lived in California, we could register the bikes on-line anytime of day and the registration was good from that minute on for a year.

kilgoretrout 04-18-2009 06:18 PM

Yep, we can register online here in PA, too. Just pay the $18 with a CC and print out a temp registration card. Good to go!

+1 on the idea to tell the wife you chose her over the bike for the day. That's a good idea!

CBRclassic 04-18-2009 06:24 PM

at least here they give you 30 days and the benefit of the doubt
Geesus..that's ok Swish....not sure if our cops are that easy to get along with though... think all we would get given to us is jail time :D

Much better that you noticed it in your driveway rather than along side the road with johnny law on your arse. I'd say you win! :)
Yer I suppose ... ?
but...
I could have pleaded the "om freakin old, go pick on someone with a bloody memory" argument to them :rolleyes:.. (just before they locked me up.. lol)

At least she aint sick mate:) , but I must admit the temptation would be too much for me.
Don't worry Hawk, ..the temptation is killin me here right now !!

The 3 grandkids are up and terrorising the dog , the gold fish are hidding at the bottom of the pond, granma has locked hereself in the ensuite and it just me and them ...a stand off to the death...and I have a feeling that they are gunna win :eek:

Its only 9.00 sunday and the nose that 3 , ..5-6 year olds can make is unfreakin belivable!

P.S. When I lived in California, we could register the bikes on-line anytime of day and the registration was good from that minute on for a year.
Yer , I checked the back of the renewal slip and we can BPay online , but it mentions to allow 24 hrs for something , so om paranoid...

and I am trying to pit a positive slant on all this Joe.
... but these kids are bloody noisy !!
Concrete socks for all of them and a trip to the beach I recon :D

time for more coffee..:rolleyes:

CBRriderNevada 04-18-2009 09:52 PM

3 grandkids ages 5&6

Steve, I always get the neighbors to help in that situation. Tell the grandkids that it is Trick or Treat time and send them to the neighbors. Before they go, give them a squirt gun and tell them that if the neighbors don't give them candy to squirt the neighbor in the face with the squirt gun. I think I might have a sick sense of what is fun when it comes to neighbors!!!:D
When I was a young kid (XXX BC), the neighbor had a dragster racer (his name was Frank Bradley). That thing was loud. His neighbor always called the cops on him when he started it up (vibrated the whole neighborhood not just the windows!). Well, he taught me how to get the neighbor's help. He gave me some cherry bombs with extra long fuses attached. Had me place them all over her yard and front porch. I lit them and ran. Then he started his dragster up. When she stepped out to yell at him, she pissed her pants! He also had me tie (tape) cherry bombs on to arrows. I would shoot the arrows into her backyard after he lit them. See? Get the neighor to help!:eek:
Get that old Snail lady next door to help keep the kids busy. Have the kids collect snails and go next door to her and ask her if she wants to buy the snails. When she says, "No" make sure the kids know that it is ok to let the little buggers go in her yard and tell her that is where they found them. Then you pay them a nickle a snail that they let go in her yard. Keeps them busy and gives you some fun to drink Jimmy Black by...:)