The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Got the Urge to buy tools

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to have a lift but I wonder whether my rather low roofed garage might not allow it to work to it's full potential. Still.... I could always get one of Shadows low milking stools to go with it.
When I worked in bike shops years ago it was completely unthinkable to do anything to a bike without putting it up on the lift. My back is definitely voting for one.
Worth noting is the necessity to keep the pedal clean and oil free. I have a nasty scar where my foot slipped off when I was pumping one up and the edge of the pedal ripped up my shin leaving a really deep gash which hurt like hell for a year or more. I still look at that scar sometimes and curse that greasy pedal.
Go for it Indie. Satisfy your dark urge!

Old 07-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HenryM
Still.... I could always get one of Shadows low milking stools to go with it.

Right there Funniest **** I've read all day

Old 07-09-2012, 02:09 PM

Sprock,
I just couldn't help the image of Pete sitting on a tiny little wooden stool whilst milking a Giraffe. I tell ya, the mind does strange things when you're running a fever which unfortunately I am today.
I also had another later vision of Mr Giraffe turning up for a piece of the action. That time Pete was gaffa taped to the stool and wearing a gimp mask...... perhaps I shouldn't go any further!
Where's the thermometer?

Old 07-09-2012, 02:14 PM

Y a better have an f'ing Doctors note Henry old son ! or you'll be getting dangled
over the gorilla cage

Don't worry about the thermometer - it's location will be well and truly apparent soon enough lol

Old 07-09-2012, 04:20 PM

Do I need to wear the mask?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
You're on a roll Bordo, what's next?

Cheers, SB
I actually had some spare cash for once in a VERY VERY long time Seb and have decided to get a few DIY tools that even I can use to their potential. I'm over taking the bike to a stealer where I just get ripped off. Last night on line I grabbed the compression tester, Mityvac brake bleeder and Carbtune Pro. All will pay for themselves in the long run. Also doing this stuff on mates bikes for payment in beer works to.

I also bought a large tool box yesterday where I am storing all my bike specific tools away from my kids who just raid my tool chest at will. I'm over the allen key set/socket set/spanner set with one or two missing etc etc. In other words all the good stuff is locked away from them.........

Looking forward to the tools arriving. I plan on learning with them on my 92 to get a feel for how things are done and then get to work on my 89 to tune her up when I am comfortable with using the tools. Its great having two bikes the same where you can work on one and play around a bit and if u stuff something up you can fix it and make sure not to do that on the other one.

If I could just get some time off work for some decent shed time I'd be happy. ....

Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yesterday I decided my trucking company positively, absolutely, definetely canNOT function another day without a proper compressor, and went to get myself a Hyundai 3hp V2 w/50l tank and a 15m self-retractable wall reel. (the only but is the compressor is at my garage in Sysmä and the truck is being held and serviced at our depot in Lahti, but don't tell that to the taxman. pretty handy to get VATs off of all the tools that can be used for truck repairs...)

Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 AM

Carbtune Pro arrived from MotoMac / Marcela Vanova - a reseller in the Czech Rep' "recommend" *****

No ebay - straight deal with pouch

Old 07-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Banned

I went through Carbtune themselves and got it at the same price as your seller Sprock. I guy here in Oz wanted 80 dollars more so I'm waiting for it to come from the UK to save a few dollars. Landed to my door for $100 AUD.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:10 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a great tool Bordo, makes balancing the carbs easy peasy and if it can get you beer as well, that must be a newer model?

Quick Reply: Got the Urge to buy tools