The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:26 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I'd add both tools here as well. Cheers

MITYVAC MOTORCYCLE COOLING SYSTEM PRESSURE TEST KIT Product info JSG Equipment Supplies:

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Attached Thumbnails Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-radiator-pressure-tester.jpg  

Last edited by Bordo; 07-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Banned

Just added a Carbtune Pro to the collection . $100AUD to my front door from the mother country. Here they are $180 plus postage. No comparison.

EDIT : I just received this in the mail. Out to the shed to test it on the 92.

Attached Thumbnails Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-carbtune-pro.jpg  

Last edited by Bordo; 07-22-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

My bearing puller from Harbor Freight was a huge help with bearing replacement. Saved huge amounts of time.

Attached Thumbnails Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-bearing-puller.jpg  
Old 08-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bordo
These bike stands are worth their weight in gold imo. No more of this laying on the garage floor. Straight up on there and can go straight to work. I love mine. Makes me wonder how I ever did without it.
hi Bordo - I'm looking at various bike lifts at the moment - where di you get your? Any issues? any "must have's" in selecting one?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Banned

I've PM'd you Naga but in case anyone else wants the info again here is the one I got a few years back. The price of $500 has remained the same which is quite good considering that steel prices have gone up since I bought mine.

Radum Pty Ltd

Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Banned

Was looking at fork seals etc the other day and found these cheap tools. Its mainly for USD forks on dirt bikes but will work on conventional forks as well. As they say on their site sometimes a leaky fork seal just might be caused by some dirt that's made its way in there holding it open just a tiny bit. This little tool slips over the fork and you ease the hook part in between the fork seal and the fork and twist it around the fork a few times cleaning the dirt out. All you do then is remove the tool and compress the forks 8 or 10 times to re seat the seal and see if that has fixed it. If not there is always the probability that the seals are stuffed and they need replacing but for the cost of these things I'm gonna give them a go first. The Seal Mate is a cheaper option than the Seal Doctor but both are cheaper than a fork seal replacement and may just be all you need to get a little more life out of them.

Attached Thumbnails Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-seal-doctor.jpg   Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-seal-mate.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:13 AM
Banned

I was in Bunnings today and had this sudden urge to buy tools. So I picked up a Sidcrome magnetic parts tray, 13 piece Stanley spanner set a couple phillips screwdrivers and some new multi grips. Might go back tmrw for another look.....lol.

Attached Thumbnails Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-mini-tools.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bordo
I was in Bunnings today and had this sudden urge to buy tools. So I picked up a Sidcrome magnetic parts tray, 13 piece Stanley spanner set a couple phillips screwdrivers and some new multi grips. Might go back tmrw for another look.....lol.

I give Mrs SB my credit card when we go into Bunnings - I'm too easily swayed by shiny new tools!

She's never stopped me though

Pretty sure I have about three of every tool I've ever needed to build cars or bikes. That way you're almost sure of finding at least one of them in the shed.

Cheers, SB

Old 10-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Banned

Couldnt help my self today and added another couple of must haves to the tool kit. A small parts washer and some Stanley Easy Outs. I'm loving building this tool kit that is specific for my bikes. ( and locked away from kids....lol ).

Attached Thumbnails Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-easy-outs.jpg   Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-parts-washer.jpg  
Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Banned

Some new spanners today to replace the cheap chit ones I currently have. Used the gift card my wife got me for my birthday last Sat. I also saw a hand held sand blasting gun where you put the sand in the hopper in the top and it works off a compressor at about 90 psi. I didn't get it but I'm thinking it would be good for small jobs where you would otherwise be using a wire brush or wire wheel.

Attached Thumbnails Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-sandblaster.jpg   Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions-spanners.jpg  

Quick Reply: Good Tools & Other Helpful Inventions