The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Get Well HenryM

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 03:55 AM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rest up and get better, your bike needs you. Godspeed.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:40 AM

Henry, it ain't the same without ya! May you have a swift and full recovery.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Better late than never....................
Get well soon, our 'Enry.

Old 06-27-2014, 02:55 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 there shadow,
get well soon Henry, being crook sucks!

Old 06-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blimey, there I was in a cosy morphine induced haze and the next thing I know there's vibes coming at me from somewhere. After I got refused entry at the pearly gates it all went down hill from there!
Lads, as ever, I'm indebted to your kindness and best wishes. At this time it makes a huge difference to my moral. Thank you all so very much.
Thank you Rick for posting my misfortune. I had no idea until I stumbled across the post this evening.
To summarise, I took myself to hospital on a Sunday four weeks ago after a sleepless night and severe stomach pain. They operated on me the next day and remove my appendix. Two days later I was discharged and went home ( in a great deal of pain). Two days later the pain multiplied a hundred times over and I was back into hospital by ambulance. The next day I was under the knife again with suspected peritonitis (infection of the abdominal cavity). I woke up in intensive care are not knowing what the hell had happened only to find I had more pipes coming out me than a jet engine fuel system and a bag stuck to me belly which replaces my **** hole. Nice....... Not!
The surgeon told me some time afterwards that if I had been left for another hour it would have been too late.
I've been home for 16 days now and have only just started to be able to walk. I hurt like hell and am told that I will not be able to lift anything for at least another 6 weeks. It could be three months before I can go back to work. My brain has still not comes to terms with all this. The surgical scar down my belly looks like a section of disused railway.
So, given that I have been reduced to absolute survival level, everything that I knew and cared about before has become completely irrelevant except my determination to recover. Riding again is my benchmark for knowing I've got to that point.
Once again guys, thank you. I will sleep with a smile on my face tonight.

H x

Old 06-28-2014, 06:23 PM
June 2013 ROTM

Damn! Glad you are on the mend. I'm sure you'll be back on the steed in no time.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Blimey Henry!

Get well soon and get back onto your beloved CBR1000F.

I had a burst appendix at 18 and was told I had an hour to live after peritonitis set in - emergency surgery once the doctor had extracted HIS digit from my rear end - so I know what you are going through. My biggest problem was peeing after the surgery. Absolute razorblades for a couple of weeks.

Take it slow, and mend well.

We should start a Hurricane Riders Hurt thread now that you've joined Naga who is also in the wars.

Call it the Hurricane Healers Thread

Cheers mate, SB

Old 06-29-2014, 12:48 AM

He he... Or perhaps we could start a medical swap shop. I'll take two of Naga's bruises for a layer of severed stomach muscle.
I read Naga's sorry tale yesterday as I was about to drift into a day time nap. I couldn't think of any thing to add at the time but I must send him best wishes today. After all, he did find my bike a couple of years ago and I never forget that. He's got one hell of a repair job on his is hands too.

I have a pair of brand new PR4 tyres sitting in the garage on the spare wheels which I picked up the day before I went into hospital. I was really looking forward to trying them out. That's obviously going to have to wait. If any one has bought some I'd love to know what they think. I must also update the cct thread. I have news on that.
Just need to get a bit more concentration going but that is very much pain dependant.
I know what you mean about the razor blades Seb. Jeez, post op trauma, what a laugh!
Ah well, back to bed. It's the best place right now.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:30 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Take your time getting well Henry, slowly and surely is much better than burst stitches, or anything nasty like that!

Wish you a full recovery mate and enjoy relaxing

Old 06-30-2014, 05:43 PM

Damn. I'm back in hospital again. Another extreme bout of pain on Sunday morning had my angel Sarah calling doctor who advised us to back to see the surgeon at the hospital. I was worried that infection may have got into my system which would be seriously bad news. After 6 hours of tests and gallons more painkiller I was wheeled up to the ward again and am still here. Apparently there's a lump of something floating around my abdomen. A man with a steady hand and a big needle may have a go at sucking it out tomorrow. Gulp!!!!

I had hoped to be able to leave this thread comfortably behind me but there seems to have been a change of plan. The bitch is, I don't get a choice.

At least I have a decent 3G single here. I'll see if a can help out with a few technical problems in here tomorrow. May as well try and do something useful with my down time.

If nothing else, my condition does go to highlight our human fragility.
Keep riding everyone. Safely please.

H