The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

First real try

Old 03-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First real try

Just got back from a good old blast so history is

Got rid of my 97 FV in 2000, (redundancy and divorce), always regretted it and sort of never stopped looking for another.
Got my baby in Oct last year - Ive been out on her probably 10 times in between getting her cleaned up and up to scratch road worthy wise, thing is apart from yesterdays ride to and from Chippys Ive never been out on dry roads until just now. Or in good trim, she needed tyres, shock, cush rubbers and exhaust.

So did the nostalga live up to the hype I sold the wife - oohhh yes, it was just as special as it was back in 2000, shes not the finest handling and not the fastest, Im talking about the bike not the wife (shes bloody fast mind, bit of a flat spot 3 to 4k) but she is majestic a truly special machine. No other bike I have ever owned and at last count that's about 20 of, makes me feel the way she does.

In the words of Rick Astley Im never gonna give her up.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive just re read this and before some smart *** comes along no I haven't sold the wife, I sold her the hype that the bike would feel as good as the old one and we wouldn't regret it - she did support me in the buying... damn English language, us lads from Derbyshire cant handle it cus you lot don't talk proper like what we do.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:07 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIGGR 2
she did support me in the buying
That ones a keeper and yes I'm talking about the wife

I'm sure you'll both enjoy many miles together (you and the wife and you and the bike)