The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Demo rideout 09-05-09

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demo rideout 09-05-09

I was out on a demonstration run, the YouTube Video explains what it was about.
There was about 80+ bikes from the Dundee area involved.
Here's a couple of pics from the day.
(Link to album)
BTW. Joe (Nevada), there's a couple in there just for you
Oh, and yes I was there this time... You'll see me about 0.35 into the video getting into formation.

Last edited by Mo777; 05-10-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, mo!
Go get 'em!!

I love it when people get together....especially riders.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Administrator - Retired

Nah, Nevada... You don't need that "special" fender....
Just ziptie a REAL bottle up to yours. Nice looking AND useful...

Old 05-11-2009, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRriderNevada
I think that is great Mo. We need to do something like that out here. Now, whose **** do I need to kiss to get the fricking front fender!!! My lips are puckered and ready!!! ha, ha...
If you're really interested I'll find out for ya who made it and get a quote, but by the looks of it you'll have to get that thong out too.

Anyhow, change the subject back to the poor learners in this country,. Apart from getting slammed for a 50% increase in test fees there has been some additions in manoeuvring parts, check out this article .

Old 05-11-2009, 07:57 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry New Test Rules

STOOPID BL00DY European Parliament!!!!!! A55holes should stop interfering with everyone's lives!!!!

Bad enough we have to put up with our own politicians , we don't need them sticking their FU(KING noses in!!!!!

Sorry rant over , but it needed to be said

Actually these rules are what prompted to book my test last year, so I suppose I should thank them......................Nah! FU(K THAT

Old 05-11-2009, 01:57 PM

I took mine back in the '80s, I wouldn't want to do it now with all the BullS4it you need to go through,but I do think the CBT (compulsory basic training) is a good idea even if the full test isn't!!
The idea behind these "Super Test Centers" wouldn't be to make it even more difficult to get a bike licence and so push the youngsters into getting a car? (more tax payments for the government)
Would it?

Old 05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator - Retired

Holy chit! How expensive is it to get a license over there!! Somebody mentioned #70 for phase 1? There are several phases? What the hell is wrong with these people!
Sounds like some MAJOR BS to me. No wonder you're all upset... I would be, too.

I paid $10 for a permit. You pass the written test, they give you your permit. It's good for 1yr, but you can extend it up to 3yrs. Then, for your unlimited license you take a riding test that involves a few pretty easy maneuvers. The hardest thing is 3 figure 8's in like a 15ftx15ft square without putting your feet down (impossible on this big beast. I was lock to lock, and I swear to you that you could barely do a U-turn in that box with this bike. I got pi$$ed, handed the keys to the instructor, and he said "I know I can't do it...you did better than I would have". )
Smaller bikes, especially non-sport bikes it's rather easy. With my KLR, I can sing and smoke while I'm doing 8's all day long.
There are also like 3 test centers within 25 miles of me. Closest is about 10miles. They're open Monday thru Saturday 830-430 or something.

We also have MSF here, which is a free class that meets once a week for like 3 or 4 weeks. At the end, they give you your license.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:42 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

I did a direct access course , so you go from complete novice to Moto GP Racer in 5 days LOL only joking!

The guy's I went with got me through for a full license in 5 days . One on one with a trainer for myself as I hadn't ridden for 25 years and back then it was only a few times on a friends' Suzuki GS 750. Can't remember how much it cost for the theory and practical test but the whole caboodle was about £600.

Quick Reply: Demo rideout 09-05-09