The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Declaring my allegiance

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

Hah RJ , sure sucks to be hating so much
but we love that fact, here's to superbowl 50 ! BooYah !

Old 02-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In defense of stupid accusations!

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I did not have a dog in the show but I understand that the habitual cheaters scored more points than the other team.
ESPN is garbage. The more we find out, the more it looks like a witch hunt by the Colts (sore losers because they haven't been able to beat the Patriots in 15 years. They're the ones who gave a game ball to the NFL and claimed the Patriots cheated in the first place) and other ex-players who also lost to the Patriots. When you're on top, everyone else wants to be you.

Now the latest is that ONE of the 12 Patriot footballs MAY have been close to 2 psi under (but coincidentally that was the ball the Colts had and turned in to the NFL. Hmmnn. ) while all the rest were "one or two ticks" off. That's completely different than what has been reported over the past couple weeks. Meanwhile, here are the REAL: cheating stories that have been ignored in the NFL this year, if anyone is really interested:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...135901897.html

and that list doesn't even include the two teams that have been caught cheating in the past few days: Atlanta (fake crowd noise) and Cleveland (front office texting during games)... OR the handful of teams that tampered with Darrell Revis (Jets, Bills, etc).

Is ESPN lighting up the headlines with any of these? Nope. Why not?

Spygate was one thing, although most other teams have since admitted to doing the same thing at the same time. They paid a pretty steep penalty and the year after went undefeated until the SB. Other than that, I think you'll find the Patriots are one of the teams with the least amount of questionable character issues. Well, other than Aaron Hernandez... but how many other teams have bought back the jerseys of the bad guys on their teams and given new jerseys away to replace them? Heck, the NFL penalized Ray Rice *2 games* for knocking his wife unconscious. And ESPN regularly trots out Ray Lewis to talk about NFL ethics... the same guy who was involved in a double homicide and got off by turning on his buddies even though he admitted to being involved int he murders under oath!

It's a pretty ridiculous story, and the more educated about it you become the more obvious it is that there was an agenda here.

Not that I'm a Patriots fan whose tired of the losers hatin' or anything. But AT least we wait until AFTER we win to gloat, Richard Sherman. Act like you've been there before, with some class.

He steps down from the soapbox. =)

Old 02-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by amacadams
ESPN is garbage.
'nuff said.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ESPN is garbage.
I didn't say anything about ESPN. The NE cheating scandals date back to their spy filming of other teams during practice. Who knows what else they've done over the years that they didn't get caught. It is apparently in their DNA.

I had zero respect for NE prior to this season. Now it is even less.

Old 02-06-2015, 11:45 AM

I didn't say anything about ESPN. The NE cheating scandals date back to their spy filming of other teams during practice. Who knows what else they've done over the years that they didn't get caught. It is apparently in their DNA.

I had zero respect for NE prior to this season. Now it is even less.
LOL This will be my last comment about this, because comparing ethics when it comes to the NFL is a waste of time. Case in point: Seattle has had the most PED suspensions of any team in the last 5 years, and they had the most this year too: Cheating, condoned by team culture and repeatedly caught. So, should the NFL have had the Broncos and Packers play in the SuperBowl? What about the Broncos' salary cap scandal? Packer rules violations? Okay, Colts and Ravens? Nope: the Colts pumped in artificial crowd noise. Ravens have a team culture of overlooking domestic abuse by their players (pouring bleach on a wife and kid - seriously?). Again, cheating. And condoned in some way by each team. It never ends. I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that every team is trying to find advantages, and if the teams themselves aren't they are definitely (some more than others) encouraging their players to do so.

The scandal you mentioned above did not happen. The ONE reporter (John Thomase) that wrote a story about the Patriots taping a St. Louis practice in the Boston Herald retracted the story after admitting his source was unsubstantiated and has since REPEATEDLY gone on record saying it was proven to be untrue. No other evidence has ever been found or reported, although losing players spout off about it on occasion. Believe what you want, but it sounds like sour grapes. I say, if NE has gotten into other team's heads about this, that only works to the Patriots advantage, and I'm all for gamesmanship!

But other than Spygate, no evidence for anything else against the Patriots has ever been uncovered. They win and they win a lot.. for some reason people choose to believe in conspiracies rather than coaching, player and organizational talent, despite 15 years of solid video evidence to the latter. I can understand how fans from other parts of the country who don't watch the Pats every week can think up some of this stuff, but if you did watch them, you'd realize this has been a very special, very rare team with a rare combination of skills in administration, management and players.

You're right only in that NE *did* tape signals that were being given during games on the sideline. I think Belichick said it best the other day: “[The Patriots’ cameraman] is in front of 80,000 people … 80,000 people saw it, everybody on the sideline saw it, everybody sees our guys in front of 80,000 people,” Belichick said. “I mean, there he is. It was wrong, we were disciplined for it, that’s it. We never did it again. We’re never going to do it again."

It also bears repeating that taping signals was common practice in the NFL until the early part of that season. Every team did it. The NFL asked them to stop, and made the Patriots an example for the teams that were still doing it. If you don't know about the history between Eric Mangini and Bill Belichick you won't understand why the Jets accused the Patriots of doing it in the first place. The same Mangini and Jets who were doing the very same thing.

Another link - again in case anyone wants to be more informed about these silly NFL ethical arguments:

If the Patriots cheated, they?re hardly alone | ProFootballTalk

Jeff - so is the NFL team you follow all about truth, justice, moral and ethical righteousness? haha

Old 02-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The ugly fact is that, some control needs to take place.

The REF's need to control the *****.
Is there a need for privet inspection of the place of play (ie.speaker systems).
Cheating is a fact of life. Every play in the NFL has a rule breaker. Do you get caught or is there an offset?

Pro sorts are getting....disgusting...why do they let hockey players fight? Any other sport ...your done and ejected.

Basketball...my feelings......give each team 99 points.
first team to beak 100 wins and put regular programing.

Why does everyone get so worked up about sports?

How does it change things?

Does your life change after your team wins ...or looses?

Nope!

Old 02-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 313 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Pro sorts are getting....disgusting...

OK, so I was trying to think of a sport where it wasn't possible to cheat, and I thought I found one. Then I saw this. My life may never be the same.
Cheating In Curling: An Abominable Trend | The Real Revo
Have you ever seen such a gross offense against humanity?

Old 02-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff - so is the NFL team you follow all about truth, justice, moral and ethical righteousness? haha
I'll just sum up my observations one last time: It is NE's DNA to be scumbag cheaters. They obviously do not feel they can win any other way so why else do they repeatedly do it?

I have less than ZERO respect for them.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ LMAO

Don't need to wait for the final NFL report on the ***** eh Jeff !
Like I said "Haters gunna Hate" which is just awesome makes it all
the more suhweeeet.

WE HAD A GREAT VICTORY PARADE HERE IN BEANTOWN WEDNESDAY

Oh and look Patriots presenting at the Grammys too ......... ha ha

Old 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM

I'll just sum up my observations one last time: It is NE's DNA to be scumbag cheaters. They obviously do not feel they can win any other way so why else do they repeatedly do it?

I have less than ZERO respect for them.
^^ (okay maybe ONE more post!) You're right, Sprock!

Great parade, great dynasty, great quarterback, great team. Maybe your team will be in it next year, Jeff! By the way, THIS

Jerry Rice admits to cheating, says everyone did it | ProFootballTalk

still doesn't mean I've lost all respect for Jerry Rice and the 49er dynasty, even though what he did was worse than what you are accusing the Patriots of doing. Where I lose respect for Rice is when he admits to cheating yet for some reason thinks what he did is okay and STILL accuses the Patriots of cheating (HUH?!) Again, without any corroborated evidence other than 1 questionable football and ESPN phonies like Ray Lewis mouthing off.

On to baseball season - Pitchers & catchers report in 11 days!