The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Darwin Award Nominee??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Senior Member and Montana roustabout :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darwin Award Nominee??

Sasquatch stunt ends in death

A few days ago, some dumba$$ decided to dress in a ghillie suit to try and provoke a sasquatch sighting. This happened about 6 miles from my house on US 93. I feel bad for the two young drivers that hit him, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for the idiot that got hit....

Old 09-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have thought the ghillie suit would have looked out of place on a highway, they are useually made to blend into the bush. Do you only have to be 15 to legally drive where you come from? Seems a bit young, this example shows that.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by jarvid
I would have thought the ghillie suit would have looked out of place on a highway, they are useually made to blend into the bush. Do you only have to be 15 to legally drive where you come from? Seems a bit young, this example shows that.
I believe you can obtain a learners permit when you turn 15. As far as what happened, you can be 15 or 50, I think the ghillie suit would make you hard to see at night no matter what, especially when you jump out in front of a car doing 65mph...

Old 09-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now we know why the Yeti is extinct.......................

Old 09-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That was on my local news the other day.

There is a reason the highway workers wear Hi-Vis orange or yellow with reflective lines and NOT Camouflage while working around or on the highway.

Oh well, now the makers of his ghillie suit can boast about how well you'd be hidden in their suit and use it as an example.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

...and the genius was drunk.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
...and the genius was drunk.
That was the first thing I said to my wife when we heard about it on our news here...

Old 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jarvid
Night, dark, and there are plenty of curves on Hwy 93 that could have shown him against a forest background.

Heck, people nail deer on the road all the time, and they show up pretty well during the day. Not so much at night.

As for age - according to Montana law:

61-5-105. Who may not be licensed. The department may not issue a license under this chapter to a person:
(1) who is under 16 years of age unless:
(a) the person is at least 15 years of age and has passed a driver's education course approved by the department and the superintendent of public instruction; or
(b) the person is at least 13 years of age and, because of individual hardship, to be determined by the department, needs a restricted license;

A learner's permit can be issued at age 14 1/2 if the child is in a driver's ed class. He/she must be accompanied by an instructor, licensed parent or guardian when driving.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Banned

13 in some circumstances ?????? Thats insane !!!!! lol. Its 16 here for your learner licence and 16 and 9 months for a rider learner licence. Although around where I work they dont keep them long......

Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

When riding, I'm afraid of hitting deer let alone some nitwit in camo.
I can't imagine that guy jumping out in front of a bike and getting hit.
Now its got me scared, there could be more of them out there and you can't see them lurking on the side of the road.

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 09-03-2012 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Darwin Award Nominee??