The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Culinary Conundrum

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:36 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Culinary Conundrum

Ok guys so this is a reasonably serious if slightly tongue in cheek question. On Friday some good friends of ours will be in town on their way to cycle the Central Otago rail trail. Was looking forward to a BBQ and a few beers on Friday nite. Got an email today saying there will be another couple with them (no problem) but they are vegetarians so they thought we should know.

Question 1 : if I go to a vegetablists house for dinner will they make a special effort to cook a steak for me because I actually quite like eating dead animals?

Question 2 : if the answer to 1 is no ( I suspect it is) why the **** should I go out of my way to learn a wonderful new recipe for chargrilled brussel sprouts or some equally delicious dish involving mung beans when they wont get of their **** to cook meat for me?

Question 3 : is this rant symptomatic of the fact that I recently turned 50 and have actually become a grumpy old *****?

Answers please on a postcard to

Grumpy Old *****
5 Intolerance Lane
Mutton Town

Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meat good! Meat good!!

Bloody hippy tree hugging vegetarians!

Should have known it would be trouble when you mentioned cycling, WTF is that all about

You could always throw them on the barbie, that way, they get to make the ultimate sacrifice for their little furry fiends

Old 11-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TO :
Grumpy Old *****
5 Intolerance Lane
Mutton Town
Get a subscription ...make up some "keep ya moving recipes" from it
Lots of Tofu

Leave out for them to see ........get a return invite to their place

FROM

Moose Chewing Maniac
1 Shoot that Mother Lane
Irritable Colon, Maine , USA

Last edited by Sprock; 11-03-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:39 PM

Grill up a good ole fashion can of beans for them next to the meat. Let them choose what to eat. Plus it will give them that extra gas for their cycling. hehe

Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love meat, meat is good! Some animals you can pat, some you can eat, some you can do both.

1: I doubt it, they probably wouldn't be able to cope with the awesome smell of a rib fillet charring away to a perfect medium / medium rare...I suddenly got hungry then.

2: So don't bother. Just make extra salad and don't worry about it. If they were your own friends it'd be different and you might make the extra effort, but friends of friends turning up to freeload and abuse your hospitality, then expecting you to turn yourself inside out to cater to their STUPID WHIMS....NO F'N WAY MATE!!! . (you just have to imagine that last sentence getting steadily louder with spittle starting to spray off my lips towards the end of it)

3: Maybe, but WTF? It's made for a good thread.

Another couple of thoughts mate (can't seem to help myself now);

1: You could try to sneak animal products into as much food as possible, then giggle as they eat it (it would be for their own good.)

2: Get them really pi55ed and then wave a nice steak at them, then take pics of the feeding frenzy. Just keep your hands well clear! I'm going out on a limb here but I'd be almost certain that the chick is the real vego and he just played along to get in her hippy pants (I'm fairly confident here). Therefore, he'd be much easier to 'turn' back to the light.

3: Vegetables scream too you know!

4: Plenty of animals out there will eat us, so let's get 'em first.

Be sure and tell us how this meal turns out. Get the biggest chunks of meat you can mate. how about a whole pig or a lamb on a spit?

F#ck it, I'm coming over!

Davethepom
1 Meaty Mountain
Fleshtown

Last edited by davethepom; 11-03-2010 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Got too excited and couldn't spell.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 PM

You know I just had thought about these walking veggies. There is NO way they are true vegos....Farmers furtilize there land where veggies grow. What do they use mostly, **** that comes from animal. Do they know this? I wonder ( thumb on chin / pointer finger on cheek )

Old 11-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Well if it's sheep **** or cow **** then mostly vegetable derived

Now here's an interesting point I bet most people are unaware of ...
Sewer Treatment plants sell off "sludge cake" (solid waste removal content) as they call it for fertilizing
purposes

So chances are at some point your guests have unwittingly chowed down
on the left over minerals from somebody else's TBone Steak and then some ....lol

Sounds really appetizing eh ?

Analogy would be reuses of urine for water on the space station !

Last edited by Sprock; 11-03-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gee, that kinda stirred up the emotions didn't it guys? Good fun and thanks to all of you who have confirmed my confidence in meat eating bikers.

I've been inspired though, I just need to Photoshop this logo so it says Fillet Mignon instead of butter. They'll never suspect a thing.

Attached Thumbnails Culinary Conundrum-icbinb_logolarge.jpg  
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM

While fine dining off the barbi, drip a little meat juice on the female un-expected guest. See how she re-acts & amuse us afterward.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:25 PM

You sure they're full on, full fledged vegans? They may be the cruelty free, "nothing with a cute face" types who won't object to a nice swordfish steak.

Wanna hear something funny? Since getting my pup I've been frequenting dog forums too. Couple true vegans are in a quandary when it comes to their pups: regardless of what their masters eat, the dog MUST HAVE MEAT! Even funnier: the best diet is a diet of raw meat

But they love their doggies so much the compromise their morals and visit slaughterhouses and butchers for the cheapest raw meat

Quick Reply: Culinary Conundrum