The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

from CRB to CB :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from CRB to CB :(

Hi all Hurricanes!

I haven't really wrote anything here for a looooong time, tough i still have been checking from time to time for the updates.

So i have sold both my hurricanes for a some time ago now, and to top it off, moved to Switzerland also about a year ago.
But few weeks ago i became a biker again, as the snow was melting from all the mountain passes i could not take it anymore - it just is not as fun with a car

now you can all beat me - i got a 900 hornet instead of third hurricane. i know it is really small and has no wind protection and is not as convenient to ride long distances and it has no place for luggage, but well i want to ride it to work every day (about 10 minutes) and in mountains in weekends - for that maybe it is enough

some pics also

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rzl7dn6j8...0OZO10aHGBwKUa

and all the greetz to all the old friends!

And if there is some rider near Bern i am open to go for a ride.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:50 AM

I used to have one don't apologise they are ace, if you go from lock to lock at a decent pace you can feel the swing arm twist but it never feels out of control. They can shift as well you just have to keep in the right rev zone..

Old 06-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A friend of mine bought a Hornet in college. It was a great bike. (makes a great fighter platform... I kid I kid)

Great pictures, it looks like some excellent roads to ride on where you're located.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by TIGGR 2
I used to have one don't apologise they are ace, if you go from lock to lock at a decent pace you can feel the swing arm twist but it never feels out of control. They can shift as well you just have to keep in the right rev zone..
okay so that strange feeling i had was twisting swing arm them. Now if i know that, it makes sense. the first time it happend it was a bit scary, but i think i can get used to this.
She is just enough sporty for me so i don't go completely crazy on these bendy roads. Probably would install steering damper tough as sometimes the steering feels really too "light".

But the best thing is when you need to back up in parking lot or turn around in small area, the steering radius is awesome and the bike does not weight a ton

i noticed that i get really easily smell of gasoline on my clothes tough. is this because of the high under seat exhaust pipes or should i try to play with fuel injection? it's not terribly annoying but i would not mind not to smell too much at work

Old 06-13-2014, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by kaska
okay so that strange feeling i had was twisting swing arm them. Now if i know that, it makes sense. the first time it happend it was a bit scary, but i think i can get used to this.
She is just enough sporty for me so i don't go completely crazy on these bendy roads. Probably would install steering damper tough as sometimes the steering feels really too "light".

But the best thing is when you need to back up in parking lot or turn around in small area, the steering radius is awesome and the bike does not weight a ton

i noticed that i get really easily smell of gasoline on my clothes tough. is this because of the high under seat exhaust pipes or should i try to play with fuel injection? it's not terribly annoying but i would not mind not to smell too much at work
You could brace the swing arm if you don't like the twist..
Smell of gas???!!!!! I never had that at all - Id check for hole in exhaust or fuel pipe leakage, first not ideal, second deadly. You shouldn't be smelling like a fettlers elbow just of fresh air and squashed bugs

Old 06-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^
fettlers elbow - not heard that in years lol

Kaska

That's a tidy looking bike and lucky you with those roads and mountain twisties

Great to see you posting again. Plenty of room here for all types of bikes and you'll
notice there's more than a few members with many bikes other than CBR's

Old 06-15-2014, 09:03 AM
Welcome Crew

nowt wrong with a hornet

Old 07-17-2014, 05:37 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well well well, if it isn't my old friend Kaspar Kallip ......................
Good to hear from you again, moving to Switserland is good EXCEPT all the bikes are governed down to under 100 HP............

Your new bike is a good one, not a Hurricane, but then when you've had the best, everything else is, well..............................LoL
Enjoy and stay in touch.