The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Censorship

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK My fault Just add me and Saddam to the list of dictators, OK.
I should have contacted you Joe but was called away on an emergency issue, and didn't return until about 8 hours later. I then forgot, so apology, as I always leave a message.(As you know either by PM or in the message)
The reason it was edited was because it had (in my opinion) no relevance to the problem we were trying to solve.
It seems to be happening a lot more lately, that we get sidetracked, and yes I'm probably as guilty as everyone on that score. And yes I even edit my own posts if I feel I've gone over the top.
So apology for not contacting you
If you choose to faded into the desert, I for one will be sorry.

Last edited by Shadow; 05-30-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CATFIGHT!!!!!

Nevada, at least tell me where you're going so I can follow and **** with you....

Seriously, though, I think this site is much better than many of the others I visit. One site I was on a couple days ago (about my "other" bike) will actually censor out names of companies that the owner doesn't like!
The more I read around on the site, the more I would see ******. I figured it was some horrible word or something...but many times a bad word didn't fit the context at all. Then I read on another site what was actually happening. Sad. It's an otherwise useful site, but nobody can have any fun, and you can't talk about certain vendors (even when they are good companies?) Messed up fascist shlt if you ask me.
Sure, the site owner can run it however they like (blah, blah, blah), but dam. It's like me advertising a huge party for bikers, and then telling them what to talk about when they get here because it's my house.

I don't believe in censorship at all, nevadasir, and I'm with you 100%.
However, I don't think it was Pete's intention to "censor" you, as much as just boil down the topic...?
I really like this site a lot, and like the people runnning it..

But, I agree that it sucks to see your posts "diappear". No doubt about that.
I'd hate to see you go, though, bud...

Old 05-30-2009, 10:27 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Nevada man don't go!

I'm sure no harm was meant , lets all kiss and make up , or at least cuss each other out in a couple of flaming threads

Old 05-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep... time for a mankini hug!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 03:15 PM

I dont mind the kissing or cussing but NO mankini hugs pleeeeeeeeeease

Old 06-03-2009, 12:30 AM

Hey guys. I just read this one and didn't read the relevant thread, but it seems an awful shame to lose on of our fellow nutters over a miss understanding (I think I met her in Amsterdam once!), or lack of communication, or whatever.
Mr. Nevada: Come back!
Mr.Trout: There was really no need for that unprovoked mankini shot! Bloody funny though.
Come on guys, lets have 12 or 15 beers and get over it...I'm not upset and even I'm going to have 12 or 15 beers!

Old 06-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Censorship? **** ** **** *** * ******** ****** **** *****... and thats all I've got to say about that!

Quick Reply: Censorship