The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Cane Cudos!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cane Cudos!?

The Cane may be old(er), but she still attracts attention and the occasional surprising situation.

Here's my little story to "Cane Cudos":

Innocently, I ride down one of the main stretches, here in Fargo, ND. It's a bright, sunny day, I'm feeling good, the Cane is happily growling and traffic is moderately light.
Bikers are out everywhere. From crotch rocket jockeys to Harleys and fat tire customes, including a few Boss Hoss'.
I come to some red lights, stop, look around and just enjoy the day as a heavily chromed out Harley Davidson pulls up next to me.
The Harley rider looks over and checks me out...well, not me,my Cane, and next, the almost unthinkable happens.

He throws the thumbs up, screaming over "Helluva cool ride, bro!".
did i just hear that right? A dude with a 20k+ bike, just cudos'd my 20 year old Cane?
I was actually take off guard, a rare occasion, and all I could mumble was..."Uh...Yeah, Yours too!" (the subconscious just said: No sheit dude, he's riding a chromed out HD)
In the vast sea of expensive or newer bikes, the recognition of the Cane can make the owner feel proud.

Has anyone else gotten comments/kudos for their 1KF, where others recognized the exceptional beauty and power that you are on?

F.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's always nice to get compliments on our 'Canes.
When we got back from johnstown the other week, one guy that was riding with us (on a new Harley) made the comment that my bike looked a lot nicer and more comfortable than other "crotch rocket" bikes he sees (lol), and that he couldn't believe how hard it pulled when I passed the group. He said... "You were just gone!"

I thought that was a pretty nice compliment.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:32 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great tales of truth , I gott a stick around a bit more so they get a chance
to pay compliments

Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went to a bike club meting last night, at a local diner/tavern (we take a room at the back)

I come out of the meeting - now remember the bike has been down for over a week, covered in greasy fingerprints etc (most of which were hidden by the dark) and there are 4 guys looking at bikes outside - there was a BM1200 next to me, but no, it was the 1000F that was getting all the attention !
They couldn't believe her age !
Males me proud every time !
I wish I could pull as many chicks as my bike gets compliments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Administrator - Retired

The CBR1000F will pull the chicks, too, shadow. Just not any dumb beeeatches. Just pulls the good ones..
It's a quality over quantity thing...

One of my dipchit riding buddies was all over this group of girls at a gas station once (college town), and this one cute girl says "I'll ride with you guys, but i want to ride on that one"... and points to my bike.
I was only half paying attention because I just wanted to get the hell out of there. My buddy does this chit all the time, and it's somewhat embarrassing. So my friend says to me... "She wants to ride with you, dude!"
I told her I was on my way home and had chit to do (lady trout was at home, and had just told me to go ride and to have fun....lol).
To this day, I have no idea why she picked the 'Cane. Maybe because of the bigger seat? I wish I would have asked, because it makes me wonder.... lol..
If it weren't for lady trout.... we'd all know the answer!!

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 07-15-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: sp
Old 07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great story, Trout!

Although not married, i couldn't do it either. My woman has her own bike, she's a non believer, the proverbial infidel, the blasphemic owner of a Suzuki Katana. Yet, i still adore her, a well controlled rider, with actual riding skill, just the wrong bike - and....she noticed my Cane before she noticed me!
More than once have I been told that, if it hadn't been for my Cane, she'd have never come over to chat me up

Maybe that's the true compliment of owning a cane....? but that's a story for another day

F.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default :-)

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
had just told me to go ride and to have fun....lol
Wow - your misses is a good sport !

Old 07-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Administrator - Retired

she noticed my Cane before she noticed me!
More than once have I been told that, if it hadn't been for my Cane, she'd have never come over to chat me up
That's right.... the 'Cane is quite the seducer!!
I met my girl just a couple months before I got the 'Cane....that way I would know it was real and not just lust for the man with the hottest bike in town.

Harry, she is a good sport. She has never once been negative about anything related to my bike. I love that about her..

Old 07-16-2009, 10:46 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She is a very wise woman Sir Trout!

Quick Reply: Cane Cudos!?