The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Back in the saddle :) 94 cbr 1000F

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back in the saddle :) 94 cbr 1000F

Hello all its good to be back. I sold my 88 Hurricane last May I miss the beast. She had 63k on her, ran like a champ when I sold her. The guy was a enthusiast also that bought her. I was looking to get a blackbird but they are just to pricey. Well the nice ones are. Found several in the lower range 3000-3500 and they were ragged and not well taken care of. I looked at one that was 5500 it was nice but I could not let the money go. Kinda discouraged I started looking at 90-96 cbr 1000F s. Well they arent to many to choose from around here. But i did find one this week and snapped her up. It was a 2hr drive one way. But I think its worth it. Here is a short video and some pics. Its a great looking bike. I have to go through the carbs and clean, replace the rubber intake carb holders. There old and brittle. Pulling air in. Spray starting fluid on the intake carb holders and the RPM goes way up. All 4 did this.Not a big deal, I replaced them on the cane and she ran great. I may have to do the cam chain and tensioner she has 35K on her. Did that on the cane also. Bike has been sitting on and off for 2 years. The owner was cool and keep her garage kept while he owned her.

Heres the good stuff. New Michelin tires, KN filter, Two brothers exhaust, new front bearings, I drove her home, she ran ok. Theres alot more in her.
Bike is in really good shape. One area is messed up and that is the right side where the factory frame slider is. The plastic part that covers up the frame slider is missing. The price was right also.

Heres some pictures.

Last edited by hurricanematt; 05-12-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice neat looking - and sounding - bike you have there Matt.

Welcome back too to the world of CBR1000F ownership! You got a bargain.

Cheers, SB

Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 PM

I feel I got a very good bargin. Very pleased, with a little work she will be running great again. Good to be back on the forum also. Great place with great people.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back Matt, looks like you got a great deal there.

Couple of tweeks and she'll fly like the wind! Or even a Hurricane!!

Old 05-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice looking ride.

You also forgot to mention the Buell pegs. How do they feel?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:52 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Thumbs up Nice

Nice find there! Welcome back and enjoy your 'new' Cane.

The frame sliders are either a fortune to buy from Honda or as rare as hens teeth on any internet site. Took me 3 years to find mine - back on the hunt for another.
Good luck with the hunt and spannering.

Rich

Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
Nice looking ride.

You also forgot to mention the Buell pegs. How do they feel?
Yes I did.. The previous owner was 6 ft 2 inches , he loved them. I am 6-1 and they seem more comfortable than my 88 Hurricane. The verdict has not been decided as I have to really lift my foot to touch the rear brake foot pedal with the front bottom of my foot. As far as long distance cruising I bet they would be great. I just got the bike as you know and have not rode on it much. Shifting took a little getting use to as I had to do the same as the brake pedal foot but not as bad. I am sure as I get use to it will be fine. I rode the bike home which was close to 2 hrs and they were very comfortable as long as I didn't have to move my feet to shift or break.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bugkiller
Nice find there! Welcome back and enjoy your 'new' Cane.

The frame sliders are either a fortune to buy from Honda or as rare as hens teeth on any internet site. Took me 3 years to find mine - back on the hunt for another.
Good luck with the hunt and spannering.

Rich
Thanks man good to be back. That is the only piece missing on the bike. I may try to make a mold off my good one then try to thermo or vacuum form
one at home since I have a strong background in plastics.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Welcome back Matt, looks like you got a great deal there.

Couple of tweeks and she'll fly like the wind! Or even a Hurricane!!
She is a gem I feel very lucky to have her, body wise except for the small plastic frame slider piece she is in very good condition. I will address the idle problem this coming week when I am off. I know the rubber intake carb holders are cracked and hard. Will replace them and probably take the carbs apart and clean them. New plugs, clean the KN filter and she should be good to go. Oil is clean as it was just changed. One thing I liked was the previous owner used nothing but OEM parts on her even down to the oil filter.
Only really bad thing was the bike sat for the last 20 months. She is in really good hands now.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Welcome Back! Good looking bike you found there.

Quick Reply: Back in the saddle :) 94 cbr 1000F