How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

RPM's? For clutch wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RPM's? For clutch wheelies

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

I personally recommend taking the bike to 30 in first gear, then release the throttle while pulling in the clutch with all 4 fingers. With the clutch disengaged, rev the enging to 14,500 RPMs and hold it there for AT LEAST 67 seconds, to warm the engine up for a killer wheelie. Then, holding at 14,500, release the clutch and in the same motion, allow your left hand to fall on the leg of the girl that is on your back seat. If you die the first few times, that's okay, we were all beginners once too. If you're a little scared, try doing it in traffic.
***** i f***in love this guy

Old 04-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Banned

He makes some damn funny videos, too, that Shoortbuss guy!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:13 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Did i just log into Gixxer.com

Old 04-03-2008, 01:20 AM

i love the part where you keep the throttle pinned for 67 seconds oh my god my stomach hurts. to warm up for a killer wheelie ha ha ha. he's gonna kill the poor guy

Old 04-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Banned

LMAO...despite the thoroughness of rider's first response (which was a great post by the way), I guess he got sick of our **** and moved on over to "Stunter's Corner" like he should have to begin with...

https://cbrforum.com/m_527469/mpage_.../tm.htm#527469

Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 PM

is that how you lay the smack down shoort buss

Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 AM

Thanks for theGreat info shoortbuss i just wanted to know the RPM's. I'll make sure i try thatright away.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:57 AM

tribal he's just playing with you fam.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 AM

OMG, Tribal....are you serious??? You really believe holding the clutch in for 67 secs to have a killing wheelie??? No man, don't even try that High of RPM. I hope you read my post before trying what ShortBuss has said...and i hope you're alive.
For clutch wheelie, put in 1st gear and takes it to 15-20mph , despite the RPM once you get to around there, hold the power for constant speed then pull your clutch in.....once your clutch is squeezed, slowly disengage it (NOT ALL THE WAY) until you have the feel of.......(like how you come to a stop, put in 1st gear...then slowly disengage the clutch until the bike moves...w/o giving it gas all all)...REPEAT, until you have the feel like that....then quickly give it gas to about 12k rpm and disengage the clutch all the way...next thing you know, you'll be looking at clouds up in the sky.

P.S if you try to sit as far back as you can, it will help to bring the bike up easier...ONE LAST THING, always have your Foot Brake cover just incase the bike flips back too much due to high rev

Old 04-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 350z_and_CBR

OMG, Tribal....are you serious??? You really believe holding the clutch in for 67 secs to have a killing wheelie??? No man, don't even try that High of RPM. I hope you read my post before trying what ShortBuss has said...and i hope you're alive.
For clutch wheelie, put in 1st gear and takes it to 15-20mph , despite the RPM once you get to around there, hold the power for constant speed then pull your clutch in.....once your clutch is squeezed, slowly disengage it (NOT ALL THE WAY) until you have the feel of.......(like how you come to a stop, put in 1st gear...then slowly disengage the clutch until the bike moves...w/o giving it gas all all)...REPEAT, until you have the feel like that....then quickly give it gas to about 12k rpm and disengage the clutch all the way...next thing you know, you'll be looking at clouds up in the sky.

P.S if you try to sit as far back as you can, it will help to bring the bike up easier...ONE LAST THING, always have your Foot Brake cover just incase the bike flips back too much due to high rev
LMAO

Quick Reply: RPM's? For clutch wheelies