How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

Make Storage

Old 10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Default Make Storage

I know some of you will think this project is overengineered, but I do not like wearing a backpack partially because I hate it when I have a jacket on, and this thing fits more in it. This mod keeps your tail from getting scratched by bungee cords, and it allows you super fast change-out for a passenger seat.

I started with a rear seat that I got for like $35 on ebay from a salvaged bike. Then I bought some aluminum stock along with some long carriage bolts from the hardware store. I added some felt pieces on the rear brackets to keep from scratching the tail during the seat change-out.This is what I ended up with.It kind of makes my bike look like a pizza delivery vehicle,but I will tell you that it is very handy, and the pack is expandable, so it will carry way more than my back-pack and will not cut off the circulation to my arms over time.

Also check this thread on making hard storage. https://cbrforum.com/m_726132/tm.htm

Name:  pack2.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  106.7 KB

Name:  pack3.jpg
Size:  43.1 KB

Name:  pack4.jpg
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  pack5.jpg
Size:  90.5 KB

Old 10-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Default RE: Make Storage

Here are the rest of the pics. Thanks.

Name:  pack7.jpg
Size:  100.4 KB

Name:  pack8.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  94.4 KB

Name:  pack1.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  72.0 KB

Lastly, here is a video of the change out procedure.

http://s373.photobucket.com/albums/o...SeatChange.flv

Old 10-14-2008, 09:09 PM

cool idea, any pics of it on the bike?

Old 10-14-2008, 09:12 PM

Yeah, I just added a video link to the second post.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:42 PM

thats awesome bro great work. will have to think about stealing this idea from you muaaahhh.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 PM

Go ahead and steal it, that is why I posted it. Oh, and I was really bored. Oh, and it is raining out.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:35 PM

never the less your a genius for this one. no matter what everyone else here on the forum says about ya

beside thats what rainy days are good for creativity

Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 PM

How does the wind affect that thing? Nice creativity. It makes me miss having my bike here with me right now so I can sit around and think of things to do with my old seats. Thanks for the post and once again, good thinking!

Old 10-15-2008, 03:34 PM

my buddy did this exact thing to his 636 rear seat, found one on ebay for a few bucks, then did exactly what you did, works great and isnt going anywhere!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:30 PM

The wind is not too bad. I can see it move around a little, but it is on the back of a motorcycle. It is about the same effect of having a hat tucked in to the cross-strap on the rear seat, so the wind just misses it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Make Storage

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.