How-To: Mechanical This section is ONLY for sharing step-by-step instructions on how you did a project. Please post tech related questions in "General Tech". Adherence to this policy will be strictly enforced by the staff ...

How-To suggestion...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How-To suggestion...

So lately I've been gung ho about finding some small electronics/LED projects.

As I'm sifting through the forums, "How-To" section I can't help but to think of a way to clear some of the clutter that we must sift through to find what we want.

Sometimes, people aren't using the search option, simply because sometimes people are just perusing. Seeing if something catches their eye as a project.

In light of that, I was wondering if the admins/mods would consider giving us some sub-categories in here.

Nothing extravagant, just maybe something as simple as;

Electronics/wiring
Mechanical/rebuilding
Body/Frame

It would probably take a good day to get all the posts moved around, but I think the end result would be something real nice that would allow for people to just kind of browse what they want when deciding what project to start next.

I dunno - if it's been suggested before then I apologize. If not, whaddya think?

Old 03-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Default RE: How-To suggestion...

I'd add in the extra catagory of "Aftermarket Accessories"... and while I would normally flame a post that isn't a "How-To" that's posted in this forum... I have to say I agree with you on this. It WOULD make things easier... having a make-up sort of like the for sale section or something. If there's a vote that's needed, I second this! (hell, if I had the power, I'd even volunteer my time for it!)

Old 03-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Banned
Default RE: How-To suggestion...

Yeah I'd volunteer some time, it probably would be the most needed if the idea was to be given a go.

I don't know how you do that... give someone admin rights for a day and a crash course in moving threads? Hehe, I dunno, I just think it would be nice.

Hey LRN, I'm thinking that aftermarket should be covered by the other categories but you never know - I'm just tossin' up some ideas.