General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xenon Head Light Bulb Good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xenon Head Light Bulb Good?

I was thinking of getting this kind of bulb for my F2. Think they help at all with our bikes? I feel that the stockers are kind meh with the old school bikes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...item3ca90b7b2e

Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Worked for mine, 2x as bright as the stock bulb.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:45 PM

Gosh you are good. That would be a plug and play correct?

Old 01-07-2010, 07:57 PM

Actually more can the wiring harness handle it?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Krux
Gosh you are good. That would be a plug and play correct?
yup, not sure on the wiring.

HIDs are brighter tho

Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a plug and play PIAA bulb which is crisp and clear but the bulb was $45...ouch...

Old 01-07-2010, 08:22 PM

I think I'd pass on that particular one. It is tinted quite a bit. the blue tint actually only allows the blue light of the spectrum to escape the light, therefore giving off a whiter light. You actually have less light, but its whiter. Its nowhere near what HID's are, but the color that you see with your eyes is closer to HID than a standard halogen bulb that puts out a yellowish light.

There is no difference in power draw, as the bulb you are looking at is nothing more than a standard bulb that has been tinted.

I would go to walmart and but a bulb made by sylvania. They are called sylvania silverstar ultra. They too block some of the light emitted by the bulb, but the tint is very minor and they put out quite a bit of extra light.

Last edited by justasquid; 01-07-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 PM

Ya heard of sliverstars before. Didnt know walmart carried them for bikes as well. I like that blue tint look that comes out. Hid's are nice but didn't want to go that much in depth

Old 01-07-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by justasquid
I think I'd pass on that particular one. It is tinted quite a bit. the blue tint actually only allows the blue light of the spectrum to escape the light, therefore giving off a whiter light. You actually have less light, but its whiter. Its nowhere near what HID's are, but the color that you see with your eyes is closer to HID than a standard halogen bulb that puts out a yellowish light.

There is no difference in power draw, as the bulb you are looking at is nothing more than a standard bulb that has been tinted.

I would go to walmart and but a bulb made by sylvania. They are called sylvania silverstar ultra. They too block some of the light emitted by the bulb, but the tint is very minor and they put out quite a bit of extra light.
actually it doesnt have a wattage shown, but at 8.99 you're prolly correct. I think mine are PIAA cuz they are def brighter than the stock bulb was, and mine were around $30 for a pair.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:25 PM

Ya heard of sliverstars before. Didnt know walmart carried them for bikes as well. I like that blue tint look that comes out. Hid's are nice but didn't want to go that much in depth
It wont be specific for bikes, as it is simply an H4 bulb. There isnt a motorcycle H4 bulb and a car H4 bulb. I did forget to mention that they do not last as long as stand halogen bulbs. But when you look on the package, it states that the life expectancy is less. They do use a different gas and better materials which produces more output than a standard bulb. Will probably run about 20 bucks for a bulb.

actually it doesnt have a wattage shown, but at 8.99 you're prolly correct. I think mine are PIAA cuz they are def brighter than the stock bulb was, and mine were around $30 for a pair.
yeah, I figured the price would be a bit higher if they were and offroad bulb like an 80/100. But I should have taken that into consideration.

Quick Reply: Xenon Head Light Bulb Good?