General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wow I hate hondas

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Learn to ride j/k sorta....

it seems to be when I'm not wearing my riding boots, go figure.
Bahhh that's the worst. When I got on a pair of regular old boots or (in a pinch) sneakers and the leather's all smooshy, and I gotta tilt my foot up for like everrrrr before the thing will click lol

Old 10-07-2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
If yu gunna hate on Honda for this issue , you might like to remember that near all Jap bikes suffer this issue to some degree ..

That's a fact. Excluding the engines, the engineering differences between all these Jap bikes are few and far between. Heck, most of them use the exact same parts between brands for a lot of applications. My R6 R\R is the exact same thing as the Honda one, with the addition of a heatsink and different pins.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Wink

I must be a bit lucky with mine as I haven't really too much issue with the gear change and neutral as you describe. After 60K miles the shifter feels very solid still.
It does take a while to get used to how quickly you have to shift the 1000F through the gears. Having had mine for only a few months I've really only just just discovered the perfect way to get through the box without even noticing you've changed gear. It would be pretty hard to explain it in words. It's kind of like pretending to pull the clutch in but almost not doing it at all.
Hmm that makes no sense...... just pay attention and it will come. You just have to keep practicing. Left hand/foot coordination.
The other day I found a neutral between 2nd & 3rd as I was overtaking a bus. I thought the engine had died as I had to brake at the same time. Damn near scared me to a halt until I realised what had happened.
When you consider what Honda have crammed inside that aly casing you can't really criticise them. It's a small miracle of engineering which we all to readily take for granted.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I really love is when I decide to book it off the line from a light (we all do it from time to time, its the squid in me... ) and I miss second and just rev the crap out of the bike like I've never ridden before...

Every now and then it happens and I feel like such a dolt I just want to go hide in a hole. lol

Old 10-08-2009, 10:07 AM

i did that once, this kid i knew wanted to race me with his formula 350 firebird, i did that, booked off the line hard, missed second no more speed, then hit the rev limiter, very embarrassing but the good old honda still caught and passed him but i woulda crushed him if i didnt miss second

Old 10-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hangfire
ps. if you can still ride this time of the year where you are, I hate you.
Don't hate!!

Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 AM

Not readin thru 3 pages ... but I'll put money on the previous owner sucks over Honda sucks. Neutral shifts can be caused by shift fork damage or just simple user error...

Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 AM

happened to me last night, hadnt happened in a long time, must have been thinking about this thread LOL

and go ahead and hate me, ill think about that on my ride today

(just kiddin, not pickin a fight here)

off to ride now

Quick Reply: wow I hate hondas