General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter start up and jetting question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter start up and jetting question

hey guys im looking at getting a newer bike. I found a one that i like, cbr of course ;-) but i live in the northeast and its still really cold up here so the bike has been winterized. Im still not very mechanically savy as i would liketo be, the only thing keeping me from buying the bike is I just wanna make sure it starts up but i dont know if that conflicts with the winterizing of the bike. What should i do in this situation? Second he said he had the bike jetted, i know the basics of what it does and i know alot of people do it, but i had some questions. does it require any extra maintence compared to a same bike that hasnt been jetted, are there certain things i should look out for on a jetted bike compared to a non jetted one? How much does it effect fuel economy? if im not hauling *** on it am i gonna notice a notiecable change in mpg's from a stock bike? Thanks for any help you can give

Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Winter start up and jetting question

no, starting has no reversing effects of winterization... although it's not really good for it either.

depends on who did the jetting, and what size they went to. if they went bigger, then expect econ to be down. there's no extra maintenance involved, but if who ever did the install did a ****ty job, then you'll have to rework everything so that it's right... power output also depends on the size as well. most jet kits are done with false pretense in the first place.