General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what stands to get and what size

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what stands to get and what size

I know there are probibly tons of threads out there that have this information but my internet is down n i am searching on my phone so please don't flame me.
I am looking for some mid priced stands but i can't seem to find the way to check if the stands will work propperly. Now i know i don't want spools. If someone could just tell me what size i need that would be great. Or just point me in the right direction. I have a 96f3 600.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:46 PM

well most stands are universal they have adjustment slides for the different distance youll need between the forks and swingarm ive used my buddys 2008 busa stands on my 2000 cbr f4, i got mine from a company called GPI INDUSTRIES they have factory blemished ones (chips in the powdercoat, scratched stuff like that) for cheap but i didnt care cause they gunna get f'd up anyways from being used i got a set for a little over 100 bucks shipped off of ebay but their phone number is 631 258 8289 and they're have'n a sale on factory blemished ones right now saw on their website they got factory blemished sets for 109.99 right now and they come with spool lifts and the swingarm pad lifts so you wont have to get spools. if you got your internet back just go to www.gpiindustries.com and check em out

Last edited by stretch_the_apex; 08-12-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior
Talking

If you want to be a cheap as like me because those stands are way over rated and so expensive there is always harbor freight.

This is the more expensive one

http://www.harborfreight.com/low-pro...and-99701.html

or the other cheaper one

http://www.harborfreight.com/motorcy...and-66192.html

I have the second one and its just fine.
Here is the piece for the front forks.

http://www.harborfreight.com/front-f...and-65621.html

Just my

Old 08-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my T-Rex's!!!

Old 08-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Pit Bull stands for most of my needs. This is the rear stand that I have. It can be used for bikes with or without spools. I use this on F4 & SV650. http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchant2/me...de=rear_stands . While it can be a little pricey at full retail, I got mine at Cycle Gear during one of their sales for about $100-110. Yes, its well worth it. I use it at home & at the track. I've never seen a stronger stand.

I also have a pair of stands from Kyle Racing. While strong, they aren't as sturdy/stable as the Pit Bulls. Ie., the stands want to flex a little bit under use.

Main thing you want in a stand is strength & stability. While you can save a few bucks getting inexpensive stands, just remember that when you're wrenching on your bike while on stands, you want it as stable as possible.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
I have Pit Bull stands for most of my needs. This is the rear stand that I have. It can be used for bikes with or without spools. I use this on F4 & SV650. http://www.pit-bull.com/Merchant2/me...de=rear_stands . While it can be a little pricey at full retail, I got mine at Cycle Gear during one of their sales for about $100-110. Yes, its well worth it. I use it at home & at the track. I've never seen a stronger stand.

I also have a pair of stands from Kyle Racing. While strong, they aren't as sturdy/stable as the Pit Bulls. Ie., the stands want to flex a little bit under use.

Main thing you want in a stand is strength & stability. While you can save a few bucks getting inexpensive stands, just remember that when you're wrenching on your bike while on stands, you want it as stable as possible.
PitBulls are the ****, but for the cost of just one you can get the pair of T-Rex with the triple tree attachment even And the only advantage I give the pitbulls over the T-Rex's is thier 1 piece construction, tho I have had no issues with my what so ever.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
PitBulls are the ****, but for the cost of just one you can get the pair of T-Rex with the triple tree attachment even And the only advantage I give the pitbulls over the T-Rex's is thier 1 piece construction, tho I have had no issues with my what so ever.
Man for what you guys paid for is outrageous!

I got mine with a one piece constructions for just one of your stands price and i got both of them. O well. Not all peps shop well. And i have a life time guarantee and if they slip they replace my damage to bike.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by drunkinmist
Man for what you guys paid for is outrageous!

I got mine with a one piece constructions for just one of your stands price and i got both of them. O well. Not all peps shop well. And i have a life time guarantee and if they slip they replace my damage to bike.
I got mine for $130 for the set n hadnt had 1 problem with em. No shopping probs at all just know good quality n price when I see it.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:39 PM

yea no doubt i got a lifetime warranty with my gpi industries and 110 for the set not realy overpayin with that.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a set of T-Rex stands.... the gold ones. Front and rear for $75 shipped.

Quick Reply: what stands to get and what size