General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what the heck is this?? (pics included)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what the heck is this?? (pics included)

Hey guys. I posted about this problem a few weeks back, thought it cleared itself up, but turns out it didnt.
There is a mystery goop leaking out of either my gas tank overflow tube, or my gas tank breather tube. I'm not sure which is which. The bike has a few hoses coming out of the lower fairing right by the kick stand. the hose thats leaking goop runs up towards the tank, runs under it and across to the other side of the bike and then goes into a fitting and continues into a smaller hose that goes, god knows where. lol. the other tube runs straight up towards the gas tanks and looks to connect into the bottom of it. there is also a coolant overflow hose that sticks out of the fairing, but thats NOT where my issue is coming from.
Anyways with that being said, whenever im out riding, i'll park my bike for the night, and when i get up the next morning, there is usually a small puddle (see pics) of a mixture of what smells like gas, and a yellowish paste. whenever I rub this yellow pastey stuff between my fingers is just kind of disolves and turns to a liquid with a gas smell. any ideas??? Also, does anyone know which tube is which, like which tube its leaking from, the overflow tube or the breather???

First up, the tube its leaking from.. actually its the tube BELOW the one my finger is pointing at. you can see a bit of liquid hanging off the tube.

Name:  100_0392.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  166.7 KB

Secondly, heres the puddle of guck. this is the size of puddle i usually wake up to

Heres a couple of pics close up. mmm delicious

Name:  100_0404.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  107.7 KB

Name:  100_0407.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  75.2 KB

Old 06-19-2009, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea what that is but I can tell you my f4 has a bit of goo that comes out of the same (sorta) place. It does not hit the floor but collects on the bottom of the fairing. (yuk)

Old 06-20-2009, 10:50 AM

anyone else?

Old 06-20-2009, 02:58 PM

perhaps just gunk built up in the overflow/vent tubes

Old 06-20-2009, 03:25 PM

thought I posted on this lol. That appears to be the kick stand sensor you are pointing at. The goop maybe chain lube, but dunno on that.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:37 PM

^^^ christ, you and your kickstand sensor.. lmao..

I'm not sure if i should be riding my bike in the mean time. not sure if its something serious????

Old 06-20-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.Fingers
^^^ christ, you and your kickstand sensor.. lmao..

I'm not sure if i should be riding my bike in the mean time. not sure if its something serious????
lol, can you get more pix of the area? I see a spot on the ground and you pointing at the kickstand sensor but dont see anything dripping from it in those pix tho.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:43 PM

oh nevermind lol I see the hoses now. Nothing to worry about really, was prolly build up in the hose(s). You could check the radiator res tho and make sure there is no funk in it.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:58 PM

yes, ive checked the coolant reservoir and everything there seems good. when i posted about this weeks ago, before i put the pics up, someone suggested it might be a pollin/gas/water mixture of some sorts? does this look like that could be it??? If so i dont know how the hell it got up there in the first place.. its been coming out for weeks ?

Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 PM

it's not leftover NOS Energy drink is it?

Quick Reply: what the heck is this?? (pics included)