General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need?

I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what tools I need for the rs5 slip on install for the 07 cbr 600rr. My tools are in storage so I didn't want to drag them all out. Thanks!!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned
Default RE: What do I need?

Can't say for certain, but I also imagine a basic tool-boxwould do you some good.

Here's a list of everythng I've got in a tackle-size toolbox;

wrenches - 1/4" (bleeder valve) and 10mm - 16mm
sockets 6mm - 24mm
socket extensions
Allen wrench key or loose set of wrenches - 2mm - 14mm
chain lube
wd-40
couple of rags
pliers, needle nose, curved needle nose, vise-grips, screw drivers (stubby handled included), feeler gauges, pocket knife, rubber hose, spark plugs, plug wrenches, etc.

I can't imagine you'd need anything other than that to disassemble a bike and it fits all in tool box. Forever I used to leave everything in the original cases and **** would get everywhere when I'd be tearing down a bike...

Then it dawned on me that I'm only using a handfull of tools. So I put those tool in a little tool box and that's all I ever need anymore and I can disassemble at least a 929, an F3 and an XRwith those tools...

Like I said, never done that on your bike but that basics would be allen wrench, 8mm - 12mm sockets/wrenches would get the job done. Maybe grab a phillips and standard screwdriver for good measure.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

P.S. also in my box is gasket maker, threadlocker, gasket scraper, electrical tape, duct tape, ball peen hammer, 16ga. wire, plug gaper, zip-ties out the wah-zoo, side cutters, crescent wrench, gasket material for cutting your own gasket, the bitch (mean *** Snap-On standard screwdriver for prying and general purpose mayhem) and some other stuff I'm forgetting...

A decent tool box will make any kind of maintainence and work SOOOOOO much more organized and less of a headache. One box is all ya need... of course, you can never have enough stuff.

I need to add a tire repair kit and a tap and die set to round out a solid tool-box.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:55 PM

thankx bro!!