General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W.T.F !! do you get leg cramp's ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: W.T.F !! do you get leg cramp's ????

ORIGINAL: Proeve

Only cramping I get is in the hands. I wish I know how to not get them so fast.. it really take the fun out of riding..
what kind of cramps are you getting in your hands? from weight on them or from using the clutch/brake/throttle?

the first one can usually be solved by loosening your grip, softer grips, weighted bar ends, or Stomp Grip on the tank.
the second one I have had problems with in my right hand after I broke a couple bones in it last year. I actually flick my remote control in the air and catch it with the same hand while i'm watching tv or whatever and occasionally use one of those stress beanbag things, just squeeze the hell out of it.
both of those help my wrist and hand a lot.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:18 PM

I think my hands are just getting weak, but I get it from both, working the clutch and from normal riding. I do a lot of pc work and stuff like that so I may just have carpel tunnel kicking in also. But I will look into a bean bag squeezy toy,

Old 05-10-2006, 06:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i normally get them after riding about half an hour, right under my knees at the top of my shin. i strecth my legs straight out towards the front wheel(im only 5'6") or stand up for about 3 or 4 minutes, normally doesnt go all the way away until you get off and walk it off. as fas as the hands, i notice on a sportbike you tend to rest your body weight on the handlebars, so you have to learn to hold your self up instead of resting on the bars.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P, I finally oriantated my levers, in more of a straight plane w/ my arms, easyer clutch and braking.

and about those cramps RR... rear sets can usualy be set lower too, if they have a wide adjustment feature. ride more ,streatching, and those bananas!!!!!!!
try neck exersizes too, to fight higher speed buffeting. my x-pro's, first leathers w/ a speed hump, really help stabilize my noggin. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 05-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: woodyracing

ORIGINAL: Proeve

Only cramping I get is in the hands. I wish I know how to not get them so fast.. it really take the fun out of riding..
what kind of cramps are you getting in your hands? from weight on them or from using the clutch/brake/throttle?

the first one can usually be solved by loosening your grip, softer grips, weighted bar ends, or Stomp Grip on the tank.
the second one I have had problems with in my right hand after I broke a couple bones in it last year. I actually flick my remote control in the air and catch it with the same hand while i'm watching tv or whatever and occasionally use one of those stress beanbag things, just squeeze the hell out of it.
both of those help my wrist and hand a lot.
i do the "toss and catch" thing too. only i use a baseball. i was tought this by my physical therapist after some recent carpal tunnel surgury. take your hand all the way back with your arm extended above your head. flick your wrist and toss the ball straight up and follow through all the way forward. then catch the ball with the same hand you threw it with. this will strengthen some muscles and stretch your tendens quite well. another tip is to adjust your levers to be more inline with your arms (to keep your wrists straighter.) and also adjust your riding style. lean forward instead of sitting up. this will lower your shoulder height and make a more level line between your shoulders and bars, thus making your wrists straighter and increasing blood flow to the hands. and don't forget to relax that grip! good luck.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:01 PM

Leg cramps, down to circulation with your legs being stationary whilst on the bike, try just tensing and untensing your muscels! as you ride, worked for us many an hour whilest on covert in the army.
Cheers Chris.[8D]