General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very dim turn signals.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very dim turn signals.

Hello everyone.
I'm a problem with my CBR F4i LED turn signals. The turn signals are very dim, only getting about 4V (according to my multimeter). I had an LED flasher installed and have changed it but problem persists. I connected the LED turn signals and flasher straight to the battery and they work fine, bright and flashing. If I bypass the flasher they are still dim. If I bypass the switch it's a little bit better but not great. I even tested drawing power straight from the battery to the flasher but they still don't work. Something is drawing power away from them but I cant find it.

I am out of ideas and I'm almost ready connect them (switch-flasher-lights) straight to the battery bypassing the entire wiring harness. This would suck as the light on the dash would not work any more, and would be a pain in the butt.

Anyone have other ideas?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:48 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh dear electrical woes are a pain,
has this just happened or have you just fitted the led indicators,
if you still have the old indicators and relay you could cobble them back up and try, if they work ok you will then know the led flashers or relay are at fault, if they dont,
if you have a manual check through the wiring for the indicator system and clean up all the connector blocks, check the earthing points and check the harness for splits or shorting,check the indicator switch on the handle bars, unscrew and clean with contact cleaner, any corrosion on the electrical system will sap some power
hope this starts you off, someone else will be along with some other ideas

Old 03-13-2014, 07:22 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfi83
The turn signals are very dim, only getting about 4V (according to my multimeter).
You might try unplugging each connection from the +12V power source to the turn signals and check at each point along the way with your multimeter to see where the 12V drops significantly. Start at the source where the +12V signal is still good, reconnect that plug, move down to the next plug and so on.