General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vapor Trail tech?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vapor Trail tech?

Alright, so I am giving up on getting stock gauges...they're old and my fairing stay is bent a bit so I don't want to have to deal with fixing that.

Anyway, I want to get some gauges obviously...so I was looking at the trail tech Vapor gauges.

I like them because they're digital, and I think I want to go with the "stealth" version to match my bike a bit better.

Anyways...I know some users have these, I am wondering how everybody likes them? Also, how hard was the install, and what kit did you order?

Did you order direct from trail tech, or through a distributor?

I also think I will get the indicator dashboard for the vapor gauges, the total will be around $200, but I think it will be worth it.

Thanks for your input!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

What bike do you have? I have a few sets of gauges...

Old 06-08-2012, 02:42 AM

I have a 1994 CBR600F2, I bought one set but the plastic piece that attaches to them, and the bike is really cracked...I was going to buy some off another guy but when he said he put them aside for me while we worked things out, he sold them.

The only set on eBay right now is cracked a bit, and going for $200 OBO. I'm not paying that.

I can get digital ones brand new for $164.90 shipped!!

If you've got a decent set I'd be interested.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:52 AM

just find a set of f4i gauges. they are digital, relatively compact and are a great upgrade for your f2!. better yet, you can customize them by changing out the led's or getting a colored rpm plate, and you will still be able to monitor/use EVERYTHING vs only your choice of 4 things with that other unit..
Plus the biggest perk of all, you wont have to destroy your wire harness trying to figure out each wire to hook up with those other gauges. there are very clear and precise "how-to's" laid out in this forum

Old 06-09-2012, 02:00 PM

Well, the vapors look easy to hook up actually...I've looked at some installs and it's pretty simple, not crazy wiring.

I looked into f4i gauges at first, but they're expensive...just as much if not more than the Vapor.

The 4 lights isn't an issue for me.

I'll have a turn signal light (will tell me if any lights are on, not individual)
Oil light
Neutral light
And I haven't decided which light I'll use for the 4th, maybe a high beam indicator.

Don't see any need for the other.

Anybody got answers for meeee?

Old 06-10-2012, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine
Well, the vapors look easy to hook up actually...I've looked at some installs and it's pretty simple, not crazy wiring.

I looked into f4i gauges at first, but they're expensive...just as much if not more than the Vapor.

The 4 lights isn't an issue for me.

I'll have a turn signal light (will tell me if any lights are on, not individual)
Oil light
Neutral light
And I haven't decided which light I'll use for the 4th, maybe a high beam indicator.

Don't see any need for the other.

Anybody got answers for meeee?
f4i more expensive? you pick up a set for 50-100 bucks.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:46 PM

Then I need a speed sensor too...and I looked on eBay, can't find any that cheap, or else I would