General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Hose Routing

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2021 | 05:48 PM
|
Exclamation Vacuum Hose Routing

Hello Folks!!! New to the forum here. So let me thank anyone who chimes in in advance. Hopefully the image i attached is clear enough. So the two hoses i have a red line through, that have the red arrows(ish) pointing at them, look like the are just kind of floating around there. Indeed, they are floating about under my tank as well. I just had to pull the starter for a quick rebuild, tight fit in there, and when i went to put all the hoses back together i noticed these two hoses just kind of chilling there. Can anyone tell me if they do actually just sit there venting or if they attach to something. I got her running and covered the left side one and the idle dropped a bit, though she was still cold and idling high. My rides a 2002 600 F4i. Again, thanks for any help on here, just want to make sure i button her up correctly. Safe Riding Buds!!!

Old 10-23-2021 | 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

I know what they are, but at the moment I don't know where they connect. Not sure if they are plugged or not.

The following users liked this post:
Blasimoto (10-24-2021)
Old 10-24-2021 | 06:46 PM
|

So i thought it was one of those too. But the two hoses i mentioned arent coming off of the throttle bodies, its coming off of the head below them. All the hoses to the TBs seem to be connected. Thanks though bud

Old 10-24-2021 | 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

The hoses in this diagram are only routed up to near the Throttle Bodies. The end that you can't see is attached down below to the Intake Manifolds as shown in your picture. With the Throttle Bodies removed, they just lay down as shown in your image. When you install the Throttle Bodies, you're supposed to route them up as shown in the image I provided. Where and if they're supposed to be connected to something I can't say at this time.

Blasimoto (11-01-2021)
Old 10-25-2021 | 02:38 PM
|

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
The hoses in this diagram are only routed up to near the Throttle Bodies. The end that you can't see is attached down below to the Intake Manifolds as shown in your picture. With the Throttle Bodies removed, they just lay down as shown in your image. When you install the Throttle Bodies, you're supposed to route them up as shown in the image I provided. Where and if they're supposed to be connected to something I can't say at this time.
Oh. I see what you mean. Thanks you for clarifying. I'll check it out soon as I can. Thanks again.

Old 11-01-2021 | 08:14 PM
|
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
I did find where those hoses went. They actually run up into the bottom of the airbox, there are a couple of small tubes that run down off of the back of the box pointing down, . Thanks again for the help. Just wanted to make sure i followed up in case anyone else runs into this issue.

IDoDirt (11-01-2021)
Old 11-02-2021 | 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

@Blasimoto Thanks for coming back and posting up. It's amazing how many people don't do that. It's appreciated.