General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Bros slip on???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two Bros slip on???

Hey everybody! I was wondering if anyone out there has a 2008 - 2011 CBR1000RR with Two Bros M-2 exhaust slip-on, on it? Looking to find out what the Db's are like. We have a noise level by-law in Edmonton, AB and I don't want to have to dealwith the cops all the time if I can help it!
Thanks for the help in advance!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:14 PM

I don't know the Db rating is, but I imagine an exhaust site that has 2bro's should have a diagram if u do a little looking around. Most noise ordinance law's are bc ppl rev the crap out of their bikes and cars that have exhaust. I'd say as long as you are riding it respectfully and not revving at every stop light or somewhere there are a lot of ppl, then u should be alright.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:44 PM

I've done a number of different searchesa dn all I could find was a write up about them on a 2007 GSX1000R. Bigger cans and dual pipes area big diff. LOL
I don't ride like a crazy kid, but the law is only in it's second season adn the police in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada have a hate on for sport bikes. They'll pull you over for no reason. I never got hastled last year on my old bike (98 CBR900RR) and it had a full D&D system on it. Just don't feel like spending the money on a new exhaust system only to get tickets and/or harassed by the police.
I have contacted Two Bros. directly though. Just thought I'd use all my options to try to find an answer.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 PM

I completely understand. Maybe someone else will be able to shed some light in on the situation. There are a lot of bikers who run 2bro's.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 PM

For the video, it doesn't say M2 on the name of it but if you go to the actual youtube site and look at this video it says that this is the M2 carbon fiber slip on, the only one I could find. Sound great!

Old 04-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There site says that all of their exhausts are for off road use and will not pass dB levels.

If you want my two cents though just get the exhaust. No cop is going to pull you over just cause you have an exhaust. 1000's of motorcycles have these non street legal exhausts and very very few of them ever get crap for it. Harleys come from the factory louder than our bikes so its not an issue.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
No cop is going to pull you over just cause you have an exhaust. 1000's of motorcycles have these non street legal exhausts and very very few of them ever get crap for it.
I took my bike to work the other day & now we have cops that patrol the area on a daily basis on foot/cars & one of the cops that comes in to my salon saw my bike... the first thing he tells me is to get an after market exhaust, i told him slip on looks nice he goes noooo screw that get the full system lmao!!!

-although 3 of my friends revved their engines at a red light &got pulled over and all got ticketed for after market exhausts but that is the only time I heard of anyone getting pulled over for this

Old 04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 08 1kRR but not the 2bros. The 2bros pipes are notorious for being loud. I rode next to someone with one last year and that thing had my ears ringing. I think they've come out with an end cap or baffle that makes it a bit quieter at the expense of a little loss in power.

If your area is strict about noise levels a 2bros is not one I'd recommend unless you like being stopped a lot.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 AM

I have a 2 brothers system on my 93 CBR1000f and a harley ,,my Harley is much louder then the my Honda ,,never been pulled over for it,, but then again most all Harleys are loud,,or straight drag pipe louder! LOL!! Never a problem here in Florida .
yoshi's and vance&hines are pretty good too. Check their ratings on exhaust noise level.

Quick Reply: Two Bros slip on???