General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble with bazzaz TC install

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with bazzaz TC install

Hey guys I just purchased the bazzaz z-fi TC and im a little stumped. I hooked everything up following the instructions carefully and after connecting to the computer I get a "no rpm signal" in the diagnostics. So far I spoke with bazzaz over the phone and they recommended I send the module in to be tested. I sent it in and they tell me it checked out ok and they tried it on a suzuki and a kawasaki. So I get the module back and im back to square one. Now I call back and they tell me to recheck all my connections, I already checked my connections 50 times they are good. Now I unplug the bazzaz fuel harness and unplug the ignition pulse generator to load test the circuit from the IPG connector to the bazzaz unit. All checks out ok light bulb lit brighter than ever. I also have no codes and the bike runs great. Im stumped!!! Getting very frustrated with the bazzaz support over the phone they dont seem to really care to help me resolve the issue. After spending $950 on this setup I would expect a more helpful tech line. They know I am having issues with it and they basicly said they dont know what to tell me. I need some advice here thank you!

Old 05-20-2012, 04:42 PM

So now I have the honda manual out to test the IPG. They want you to unplug the IPG connector and connect your meter to the two pins in the connector. With the meter set on peak voltage AC crank the engine with the starter, I have over 1 volt at the stock connector minimum spec is .7v. So now I move my signal lead back to the bazzaz connector and try it again. Yep over 1 volt wtf? the signal is getting the the unit but not to my computer screen. Does anyone here think they should have tested the module on a honda and not on there kawasaki and suzuki out there? Cost me $40 in shipping and it seems to me that it is something inside the module that is messed up. So frustrating

Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 AM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

If they don't want to help you fix it then I would return it for a refund. This sucks because I was looking for one of these for my Ducati.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no experience with bazazz systems. I've always had excellent results from Power Commanders ... first one was like stone age compared to the PCV with autotune I'm running now

Having said that I have gotten in my own way a few times setting up my toys. Wouldn't read rpms, error codes blinking at me, no communication to computer ... all ended up being something simple. Sounds like you've done a relatively decent job trouble shooting and their tech department needs to step up. Even if you have something connected squirrely that's what they're there for.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by vfrman
If they don't want to help you fix it then I would return it for a refund. This sucks because I was looking for one of these for my Ducati.
I'm not saying don't buy there product, I'm just asking for some advice on my current issues. Im sure once I get it straightened out I will be in love with the system. As far as there tech support they were nice people to deal with I think I might have been talking to someone who just recently was hired over there so that might have been what caused my frustration. I sent in pictures of all the connectors and pin locations to see if they are all in the correct spots. Ill keep you guys updated

Old 07-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bringing this one back up from the dead, but did you get it fixed? I'm having the same issue with my 1000rr...

Old 07-11-2013, 07:10 AM

No I unfortunately could not get it to work on my bike. The bazzaz computer was not seeing my crank signal. I returned it for a full refund. What are you having a problem with?