General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A TRE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A TRE?

Hey guys is the TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator) just a suzuki thing? Do the Honda bikes come equipped with a TR, meaning I could get a TRE to improve performance? It is supposed to help with the first couple of gears and then the top of 6th... I cant find anything about any model of bike other than the gixxers... Im guessing its just a Suxzookie thing, but just checkin... if its not, would it help to put one on my 600RR? What exactly would it do, and where could I get one for the RR??

thanks for any help... im mainly jus bored :P take it easy

Chris

Old 02-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Default RE: A TRE?

Pretty sure its only the gixxer thing. Basially suzuki put a timing retard on every gear except for 5th. So with a tre it tricks the bike into thinking its in 5th gear all of the time so you get all of the power. If you wanted to get the same type of thing for your honda, get a timing advancer. Basically the same thing as a tre but for a honda so to speak. You could advance the timing I think 4* and get a little power boost, now I'm sure someone will post on here wheather its a good idea to get it for your bike but I guess you'll have to see. I don't know if there is any disadvantage to putting one in, but someone will chime in. Hope that helps you out.

-Jesse-

Old 02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just zooks -- 1000s and Busas.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:11 AM

Yep Just as above, my 1000RR is limited in 6th to 10500 revs though? ?(Normal Redline 11500) still good for 182 on the clock. But i`ve never seen anyone selling devices to fix this.

Old 03-04-2006, 06:54 PM

from what i understand, it is only on gsxr's and busa's

Old 03-06-2006, 02:59 PM

actually, I can answer this 100%. I own a gixxer 1k and my 600rr. My buddy and I bought our gixxers at the SAME time. Anyways, moving on, no, it is NOT something that is on a Honda! Yes it is JUST a Suzuki thing. And, it's available for 600's, 750's, and the 1k and busa. Most don't know they even make a 750 anymore, but you CAN buy them. Just no market for them. The only reason I went with the gixxer 1k, is it's more comfortable. And, I had to spend less cash over ALL. I.E. No fender eleminator, just took the fender off and bent the old tag bracket from the 600rr to fit. the turn signals are all intergrated into the bike so no cost there. I've got over 2 grand in my rr now. I actaully do still ride IT the most. Just so you know!!!! Still got PLENTY of Honda love!!!

Old 03-06-2006, 05:34 PM

Not to flame but... There is actually quite a bit of market left for the zook 750.... I would have to lean towards a lot of people (if your into bikes at all) know that they still make the 750 also. The big thing w/ the 750 is that its only a little heavier than the 600, but it packs that much more punch.... really an amazing bike, even though it is a gixxer [:-]

Old 03-07-2006, 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: BlindLOKI

Not to flame but... There is actually quite a bit of market left for the zook 750.... I would have to lean towards a lot of people (if your into bikes at all) know that they still make the 750 also. The big thing w/ the 750 is that its only a little heavier than the 600, but it packs that much more punch.... really an amazing bike, even though it is a gixxer [:-]
I really like the gixxer 750s. I would have bought a 2000 gixxer 750 if the guy wouldn't have sold it the day before I was going to give him a deposit. Then the next day I found the F4i and put the deposit down 15 minutes later LOL so its all good and I love the F4i, but I like the 750s and the newer ones are the same weight as the 600s but they pull about 25 more horsepower to the wheel, and they are good about 10 more with a 1K cam swap and a little tuning.

-Jesse-