General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Size

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Size

what is the max size for an f1, f2, f3, and an f4 im gonna swap out my control arm, and rim but im not sure what one im gonna go with just yet. i know none of them are just gonna go in. im pretty sure the max for the f1 is 150 and thats just not gonna cut it for me.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Default RE: Tire Size

why do you need a larger tire? it'll just fuq up your steering geometry...

Old 10-13-2006, 10:52 AM

im gonna compensate with a bigger front tire too, more or less just for look. i havn't had a bike i could put a big tire on yet and im primarily a motorhead on the car side, and i think a bike/car looks better if they have the right shoes on. know what i mean...

how can putting something like a 170-180 tire change the handling that much?

Old 10-13-2006, 12:37 PM

how big are your chickin strips on the bike you have?? the reason why the newer bikes have wider tires then the older ones is because they make MUCH more hp and need more traction in the corners when they gas it.. you dont need a bigger tire. To tell ya the truth i think i would give you more props for havin no chickin strips then a wide tire on a little bike..

Old 10-13-2006, 03:37 PM

havent had the bike long its not leagal yet, and the tires that are on there are hard and bald and with that i have very little chickenstripage(1/2") there would be none but i dont trust it yet. so regardless i have to get new tires and i dont want to buy them twice i dont have the money for that. if i get the 150 and its not what im lookin for then im back where i started for the most part.

Old 10-13-2006, 04:19 PM

I wouldn't go bigger than a 160. A 170 will fit so will a 180 but it pinches the tire which does against everything the tire was designed to do. And no one cares what size tires you have thats the last thing people look at, and anyone who makes fun of you cause you run a 160 is just a squid

Old 10-13-2006, 04:47 PM

i appriciate(sp) that you guys are tryin to talk me out of this but i know that there are at least a dozen of you guys that know the answer to the questions i asked off the top of your head. ill be sure to keep track of all of you and try and talk you out of your future mods. truth be told the styling of the f1 is a little dated and i dont think anyone here will dissagree with me, in my opinion a newer, wider, swing arm along with a new tail piece and some retrofitted 03-05 rr plastics will drastically help the look of my bike. this is my first crotch rocket and i wanna do it up and that is the mental pic of the bike that i want it to be and dont have the money to get a newer bike. for the grand that i'll spend modding this one ill have what i want for a fraction of the price.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F4/F4i is like 190...i wouldn't go bigger than that.
ideal for 190 is 6" rim...F4i has 5.5

dunno about the others though.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:46 PM

Junior, since you are retrofitting a wider swingarm to fit a proper size RIM for a 180 rear, and updating the front for a 120 front,
you should be good to go. Forcing a 180 on a narrow rim distorts the tire so it doesnt lay as flat when cornered. Sounds like you
have access to a few totaled bikes. Good luck. Posts the pics when done.

Old 10-13-2006, 05:55 PM

thank you guys.

ive been wanting to do it since i got the bike. was surfing ebay last night and the whole back assy. can be had for 100$ swingarm, brake caliper, rotor, and rim. for f2-f4i

Quick Reply: Tire Size