General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire shopping, place your vote.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tire shopping, place your vote.

you're not going to get 4-5K out of a corsa...that's why people usually get with a diablo mang!
are you not planning on changing out the front too? the 208 is going to cup real soon...watch...

if you'll be tracking and riding canyons but no highway or commute, i say corsa...but if you're going to have some commuting and around town, can't lose with diablo, power or qualifier.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard that pirellis take way too long to warm up and stick.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:51 PM

the pilot power is the best tire i've ever had great grip and good longevity.... i've been wanting to check out the Dunlop Qualifier tho

Old 02-08-2006, 02:20 PM

i wanted to let everybody in the saint augustine/jacksonville/daytona beach, florida that i have found the cheapest price (as far as i know) on a pirelli diablo corsa rear tire. it is at us1 power sports in st augustine florida. they sold it to me for $130.00 and the grand total for m+b was like 150 something. if you need a new rear tire check with them, cause they price match. peace.

Old 02-08-2006, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: ampakes

I've heard that pirellis take way too long to warm up and stick.
buahahhahaha...someone lied to you.
i'm telling you otherwise...i've tried it all mang...and they are by far one of the quickest...yet to try are the qualifiers.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:51 PM

Sport Rider did give the Qualifier high marks, but they also noted: "The Qualifiers showed significant wear after the test loop, with the tread grooves' edges quite rounded and the rubber itself quite rippled."

I think I'll give the Pilot Power a try when it's time. The Qualifier got an overall rating of 91.4 but the Pilot Power was right behind at 89.3. Plus the review had this to say about the Pilot Power: "Both riders noted an easy break-in period and quick warmup, a welcome improvement from the Pilot Sport. Traction was excellent, and over bumpy pavement the Pilot Powers were equally outstanding: Kunitsugu wrote that the tires had 'very good midcorner bump compliance, yet the tire carcass is fairly rigid for good feedback and stability at high speed - a very tough combination to achieve.' Wear was minimal compared to most of the other tires in the test."

Just my thinking on the subject, but sounds like a pretty good all-around tire.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:05 AM

I to only got about 3k out of my d208s
No burn outs, no roll on wheelies because back tire spins when loaded even when hot.
I'm not sure why, the bikes not a power house by anymeans, 93 frame with a 98's 919.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:46 AM

throttle control mang...without it, you'll eat up tires on a liter bike.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:03 AM

Personally, I love the way my 208 handles and for the price, I vote for it. I am on my second rear. I put about 5k on the first one, but it had a tiny nail in it, so I REALLY railed on her to wear it out. I did burnouts all the time, wheelies, hard accels every time, ran it flat... ****. I had to fill it up every day for a while there.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM

i like the Metzeler Sportec

Quick Reply: Tire shopping, place your vote.