General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire change time!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire change time!

So when i bought my F2 the last owner had put on a brand new "Michelin Pilot Power" rear tire and had not replaced the front tire that did not match the tread pattern. It didn't affect me having them different, but i would like to get the same tread pattern. Since then Michelin has come out with a different compound for the said tire. I'm sure it wouldn't be horrible if i spent the extra 10 dollars for the powerct and got more durability and grip out of it.
regular power
MICHELIN Pilot Power - Tires On-road | MICHELIN - United States - Motorcycle-website
power ct
MICHELIN Pilot Power 2CT - Tires On-road | MICHELIN - United States - Motorcycle-website

What are your guys thoughts on this?

Old 09-05-2013, 06:24 PM

It will be perfectly fine. Go for it. You won't get more durability out of the 2CT, though. The center of the tread is the same as the Pilot Power, the 25% on each edge of the tire is the softer compound.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:18 PM

Dual compound tires are all comparable pretty much across the board, you ride Michellin I like Pirelli Diablo Corsa2 they are the same essentially

Old 09-07-2013, 07:08 AM

crashed yesterday and broke my tibia and fibula so idk abt tires now. prob coulda helped turn if i got that new front tire sooner, it was pretty bald.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

Wow, really sorry to hear that. Yea I guess tires are a moot point now. I guess it will be a while before you'll need to do anything about that. Well, you're alive anyway, and that's something... do you mind telling what happened ? May help others avoid similar situation.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:11 AM

I was going 85 passing a truck at night and forgot about a turn up ahead, i panicked and hit the front brakes while trying to turn. This put me into a bit of a wobble so i let off the brake. I soon found myself over the white line and it went dark. As I was flying through the air i was trying my hardest to stay alive and conscious. I eventually stopped rolling when i hit a sign post i figured since i was laying next to it. That broke my tibia and fibia and rotated the bone sideways into my leg. I was wearing my helmet so my face still looks very pretty and my arms dont look toooooo bad even though i was just wearing a textile snowmobiling jacket. On my other leg on my knee i have some bad road rash because all i was wearing was blue jeans. To all riders; wear your god damn helmet, it saved my life; get a full jacket, you'll thank the doctor for saying you won't need skin grafts; don't be an idiot like me and wear jeans, at least get kevlar jeans...like 90 bucks. The way i figure at my rate of recovery, my bones will heal faster and better than my road rash. I will still ride a motorcycle in the future, I haven't developed a fear of them and more respect. Also to keep this on topic, change your tires when they are getting bald, it might be the difference between turning and going right off the road. Any questions please feel free to ask. I'm in the hospital for a week because of compartment syndrome...