General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throttle hand relaxation

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle hand relaxation

I like the concept of the billet steel throttlemeister bar ends but I can't get my head around the cost. US$130 for a Hurricane compared to AU$59 for an off the shelf lever thing at the local shop... Why are these things so expensive?

I've got access to a hobby laythe (SP?) and I was thinking about trying to make a set myself.. a little thought on the inner mechanics and I recokn I could do it.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Or maybe what a standard set of bar ends can be purchased for? It's just got me stumped...

Old 06-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Default RE: throttle hand relaxation

There is a guy that I work with that just got them for his 05 ZX10, but I haven't talked to him about it yet. I want to know how the hell they work. Do you have to twist the bar end to set it or is it just like a sticky throttle? I know that question is stupid, but I can't really see how a bar end can act as a cruise control. Might be worth the money if you take alot of long trips, but I'll stick with my inconsistant speeds LOL

-Jesse

Old 06-15-2006, 08:18 PM

Hey Jesse,
Didn't cha see mine when I was up Nort der wit youse? I had 'em on. They worked perfect for the long trip but I'll agree that they were pricey. You'd have a heck of a time if you wanted to machine them yourself. I can't see someone doing it for just one set. If the price was too much for ya, I've seen some simple plastic levers for around $10 that don't seem to work too bad. If you can't figure out how they operate, go to throttlemeister.com to see the video of how they work. The web site was pretty good.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:52 AM

I have a deal that was on my bike when I bought it, it site in between the plastic throttle cable housing, and the grip. To keep it in place there is a plastic tab that sits in between the two throttle cables to keep it from rotating. When I want to use it there is a lever that you flip up, it clamps on the throttle insert (the nylon sleeve that the grip sits on) and prevents the throttle from rotating. I commute about 35 miles one way to work everyday and let me tell you I LOVE IT!!! Saves my hands big time!!!

Old 08-14-2006, 10:14 AM

i have one of these http://www.throttlerocker.com/ they cost me about 10 bucks if that at my dealer and it helps my wrist alot on long trips. easy to put on and take off it just velcrows on