F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Throttle hand falls asleep all the time.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle hand falls asleep all the time.

This happen to anyone?

It happens to me all the time. I think I'm just leaning forward too much and putting too much pressure on my palm.

It needs to stop because I'm pretty unsafe when it happens. Since I loose feeling, I can't grip the front brake as well and swearving is difficult.

I wear padded gloves, but still doesn't help.

Thoughts/Suggestions? Maybe sit closer to the tank and sit upright more?

Old 10-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Default RE: Throttle hand falls asleep all the time.

try supporting more weight with your lower body like hug the bike with your thighs. should have a very loose/relaxed grip on the bars. it sounds weird but try keeping your elbows in too.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:07 PM

Get your carpal tunnel repaired.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:11 PM

sitting up right does help out a lot.. also, try not grab the grip that hard and once in a while let go of the throttle and ball your fist several times to get the blood going.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:42 PM

Scoot back a little further on the seat. It will force you to support yourself more properly.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 PM

drive very fast and let the wind hold you up so there's no pressure on your hands. haha just joking but it does work. i have this problem to and i found a less padded glove works better. I bought a pair of very padded cruising gloves cause i thought it would help but it just made it worse so i bought a new pair of sport gloves and they work much better. Also everytime you stop or slow down shake your hand and slap the side of the tank and your good for about another 15 mins. sitting closer to the tank will help to but i'm a bigger guy so the closer i sit to the tank the faster my legs become uncomfortable and i find its easier to wake my hand up than to get rid of a leg cramp while riding. good luck and if you find a better way let me know.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:08 PM

I had the same problem until I bought a $10 peice of plastic called a throttle rocker.It mounts to your throttle grip with a wrap of velcro and helps you twist the throttle with your outer palm,letting you relax your deathgrip on the bars.Found mine at the local stealership but they are available from most online parts stores.Hope this helps!Jim

Old 10-28-2007, 04:18 PM

Sit towards the back of the seat ,grip the tank with your legs,and ***** of your feet on the pegs.That helped me the most..

CORE work will also help in the ride department(abs,legs,back)..

Old 10-28-2007, 05:14 PM

I used tp have that problem. Use to use thottle locks to help out, but never bothers me any more. I find kangaroo pams help becuases the are a little sicker, but the solution is to losen up. Put two figers on the brakes. It will force your grip off. After awhile to will becauce nature and even when your figers are down they won't be gripping the bars. The outside of you palm hold the thottle. Also, don't dip you wrist, it will make a big differance.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1> change position on the bike... lay on the tank v/s support yourself with your thighs (sitting front), v/s lean on hands...
2> get a throttle rocker... that increased my range 10 fold...

Quick Reply: Throttle hand falls asleep all the time.