General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me out of it

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Talk me out of it

Yes, you are right, I did buy this bike about 3 months ago.Previous to that I had no experience on a bike
So that being said, no I have not mastered my 600.
Few people ever master their 600.But you really raise your chances of getting hurt bad on a 1000. Things happen so fast. I ride my buddies 05 1KRR and it is frightening when it gets in the powerband. Things happen so fast that it boggles my mind that these things are even legal. But even on the track, YOU won't be able to explore this bike potential, it takes years and years to even master a 600. This forum is littered with the bodies of noobs crashing, don't be one of them.

You are still new at this. Keep your ego at bay for a few years. If you want to buy something to help your credit, buy something that will appreciate in value, not lose 25% in a year plus cost you more in insurance plus make you sell something that you just bought that has depreciated.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527
Few people ever master their 600.But you really raise your chances of getting hurt bad on a 1000. Things happen so fast. I ride my buddies 05 1KRR and it is frightening when it gets in the powerband. Things happen so fast that it boggles my mind that these things are even legal. But even on the track, YOU won't be able to explore this bike potential, it takes years and years to even master a 600. This forum is littered with the bodies of noobs crashing, don't be one of them.
I realize that the chances of getting hurt are higher and that’s where the self control I talked about falls into play. And as far as taking years to master the 600, that’s why I said this, "I could not honestly say that I have mastered my 600 until I have had countless hours on a track with it.", countless being the key word. I don't claim to be anywhere near close to pushing this bikes full potential and I am not letting my ego get in the way. All I am saying is I just have a slightly higher scope on handling characteristics and my limits than most normal people that have never been on a track, I am speaking of the bike, the car would be a different story i will let my ego get in the way of that one.

Anyways, not to derail my thread but what would be some good things to invest in? I am talking fairly inexpensive because of my budget, I cant go out and buy property or anything big.

Brian

Old 09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only racing that could possibly have 'some' benefit for you as far as motorcycle riding is motocross...even then it's different. doesn't matter if you're a sponge and can soak up amillion times your weight as far as information, etc...3 months is 3 months. it all comes down to mileage.
if you want the bike then get it. no need to justify anything on here.
everyone else is going to tell you the same thing...you 'shouldn't get the 1krr'.

i say...don't do it...save your money for your house, etc...and learn to ride the **** out of the F4i. the chance you take with a liter bike with 3 mos in the saddle is great...and you'll likely not be able to accomplish all the other goals you've stated.

you may think/say that you have self control, but if you can't control yourself not buying the bike, you won't be able to control yourself on the bike. it's not self control that bites and kills you...it's the uncontrollable "incase$hits"...like gravel, slip of the hand on the throttle, need for extreme braking, etc....those you CAN'T control, and the skills necessary to handle these scenarios only come with saddle time.

i say save the bling, and instead take the F4i to the track then decide if you need something else. i'll tell you that the newbs on the new Rs, RR this R that, blah blah blah, whether 1K or 600, are the same bishes stuffing up the corners and holding everyone else up. learn to kickarse with the F4i, and when you get a new bike (if you even want one by the time you're topping out the F4i)...you'll be spanking all bishes out there....

the street is not the place to push yourself, especially with such little saddle time.

t

Old 09-10-2007, 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

the only racing that could possibly have 'some' benefit for you as far as motorcycle riding is motocross...even then it's different. doesn't matter if you're a sponge and can soak up amillion times your weight as far as information, etc...3 months is 3 months. it all comes down to mileage.
if you want the bike then get it. no need to justify anything on here.
everyone else is going to tell you the same thing...you 'shouldn't get the 1krr'.

i say...don't do it...save your money for your house, etc...and learn to ride the **** out of the F4i. the chance you take with a liter bike with 3 mos in the saddle is great...and you'll likely not be able to accomplish all the other goals you've stated.

you may think/say that you have self control, but if you can't control yourself not buying the bike, you won't be able to control yourself on the bike. it's not self control that bites and kills you...it's the uncontrollable "incase$hits"...like gravel, slip of the hand on the throttle, need for extreme braking, etc....those you CAN'T control, and the skills necessary to handle these scenarios only come with saddle time.

i say save the bling, and instead take the F4i to the track then decide if you need something else. i'll tell you that the newbs on the new Rs, RR this R that, blah blah blah, whether 1K or 600, are the same bishes stuffing up the corners and holding everyone else up. learn to kickarse with the F4i, and when you get a new bike (if you even want one by the time you're topping out the F4i)...you'll be spanking all bishes out there....

the street is not the place to push yourself, especially with such little saddle time.

t
Yeah I understand what you are saying, I did decide like 4 hours after I went and looked at it that I wasnt going to get it. And I dont push it very hard on the streets, I always leave room incase something happens. But you are right about the unexpected, thats what gets you. I was supposed to go to a track day on labor day weekend but they cancled [:@] now I wont have the time for quite a while.

Brian

Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 PM

I would absolutely LOVE to have a CBR1000...but i just cant bring myself to do it. I could afford it, but honestly, i never really use the potential of the F4i as it is, and i just don't trust myself with more power. As was mentioned, things happen quick...and while i'm pretty adjusted to what 'quick' can be on a 600, i know i'm nowhere near being able to keep up with anything bigger. Plus, it's just not worth it. I love my wife and little baby and don't want something to happen that wouldn't have just because i wanted something bigger and better for the heck of it.

I think you have the right attitude, Braincrater. And i respect that you were able to listen to what others said without getting defensive. We need more people like you on this forum.

Ride safe, and enjoy!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 PM

Thanks man, One of my biggest reasons for wanting the bike is I am a perfectionist. My f4i was dropped by the previous owner so it has a couple of scuffs, minor things that I am working on fixing but I still know they are there. Plus the 1K looks so much better I still love my F4i tho.

Brian

Old 09-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brain...just think though...when you start hitting the track and flick the f4i around like a petite biatch...you WILL get THE ADDICTION...it's something that you won't be able to do if you're making more payments on a new bike...

then when the time comes...and you see a 2010 1KRR...after 2 years of track riding...you hop on that...you'll be unstoppable!!!!!!!!!!! i made this discovery a few years back when i wanted the RR...or the gixxer...but i'm glad i didn't, because just about any new bike non-kawi makes me drool...so i wait...for my time to get a new bike...

but seriously...as of now i just want to ride...and marriage and kid doesn't allow much time for that!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:26 PM

get what u want or u will be unhappy

Old 09-15-2007, 03:10 AM

I think the title of this says it all. If you really wanted the bike, you wouldn't have posted this. Do what they say, save the money for track days and learn your bike. I don't mean to insult you in anyway or say that you don't have the self control, but "**** Happens" and on a 1k bike it happens a lot faster. Give it at least a year, join a club, ride someone's 1krr on the track, then decide. just my $.02

Old 09-15-2007, 04:03 AM

I say go for it! you only live once andyou're only young once. If you feel you can afford financing the 5g's while you are still in school then do it. just make sure it doesn't hold you back from doing well with ur classes.

Quick Reply: Talk me out of it