General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Talk me out of it

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk me out of it

So i really really really want to upgrade to an 06 or 07 1krr. I went today to a few dealerships to check them out. One place said they will give me 4 grand for my 03 F4i so I would only need to finance 5g's and I was so close to signing the papers. This is something I dont need to do right now because of school but i cant stop my self.............

Brian

Old 09-08-2007, 11:00 PM
Default RE: Talk me out of it

Just wait until you have a job to pay for it. The F4i will get you through til graduation. Those are fun bikes.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:08 PM

I already have a job, someone buy my truck so I can get this bike.

Brian

Old 09-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Fine. Don't finance. Pay cash. The only way to do things.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

didnt you just buy this bike off someone in this forum? if this was your first bike,you're nowhere near ready to upgrade...forgive me for putting it so bluntly...it could take years to master a 600...and if youin facthave been riding for years and years (and years), then more power to ya

Old 09-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Banned

This is something I dont need to do right now because of school but i cant stop my self.............
There are two types of people... rich and poor. Rich people spend wisely, poor people don't. Rich people manage their money, poor people don't. Rich people invest, poor people can't. Rich people have only a small percentage of their wealth in depreciating assets, poor people have old worthless stuff. Rich people realize that they find joy in other places besides stuff, poor people have no stuff to be happy with.

You are young enough to think about what type of person you want to be. Do you want to be a 'paycheck to paycheck' person or do you want to be 'Liquid'. It is a choice that you have to make, if you always want new stuff, if you always consider monthly payments, if you always need the newest and biggest stuff, you will never be rich.

The question is not about a new bike, the question is about how you want to run your life.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

This is something I dont need to do right now because of school but i cant stop my self.............
There are two types of people... rich and poor. Rich people spend wisely, poor people don't. Rich people manage their money, poor people don't. Rich people invest, poor people can't. Rich people have only a small percentage of their wealth in depreciating assets, poor people have old worthless stuff. Rich people realize that they find joy in other places besides stuff, poor people have no stuff to be happy with.

You are young enough to think about what type of person you want to be. Do you want to be a 'paycheck to paycheck' person or do you want to be 'Liquid'. It is a choice that you have to make, if you always want new stuff, if you always consider monthly payments, if you always need the newest and biggest stuff, you will never be rich.

The question is not about a new bike, the question is about how you want to run your life.

What he said.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:51 PM

I'd say sell your bike privately, get an extra grand or two out of it. And you said your in school right? This is THE ONLY time in life when you can take out unsubsidized loans. Screw financing it, take out an interest free student loan!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: catamayo85

didnt you just buy this bike off someone in this forum? if this was your first bike,you're nowhere near ready to upgrade...forgive me for putting it so bluntly...it could take years to master a 600...and if youin facthave been riding for years and years (and years), then more power to ya
Okay so I have a few question / statements for you. I really respect others opinions so I always listen to what people have to say, I ask all of this in true curiosity.

Yes, you are right, I did buy this bike about 3 months ago. Previous to that I had no experience on a bike but I have quite a bit of experience road racing and club racing. Basically I am not "new" to the scene of knowing how to handle a vehicle. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not saying I have mastered the art of riding or come anywhere close to it, but I will say that given my previous experiences I can adapt and learn quicker that your average person jumping on a bike.

So that being said, no I have not mastered my 600. I could not honestly say that I have mastered my 600 until I have had countless hours on a track with it. I do push my bike on the streets sometimes but I don’t push it to the edge, I like to save that for the track. So that brings me to another question, everyone that owns a 1k, have they all mastered a 600 first before jumping on their 1k? I am going to go out on a limb here and say no but I could be wrong. No one NEEDS a 1k on the road, hell no one even NEEDS a 600. If everyone road something that they NEEDED they would all drive a 250 Ninja .

My theory with the bike is I could go jump on a busa if I wanted to, I would shoot myself before I would be caught on one, and I would be fine. As long as you respect the bike and you know what it can do to you if you don’t, you will be fine. It's called self control, I know my limits and I don’t go past them, most of the time I don’t even go near them thus I make a threshold that keeps me safe.

I want the 1krr for its looks, for its sound, and yes for its performance. That performance will not be used to its full potential unless on the track but I still would love to drive it on the streets But anyways I hope you see my argument I am trying to make and again I say this with all due respect.

So since you have read all of this I will tell you I am not getting the bike. I am waiting until my truck sells and when that is taken care of I will then check on it and reconsider. Until then I will stick to my F4i.

Brian

Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

Thank you for your advice and I will defenatly keep it in mind. I only finance if I can afford it, i.e. pay it off in a year. The only reason I borrow money is because I need to establish my credit because I plan on buying a house that I can settle down in. My goal is in 3 years but we will see how it goes, seeing the house market these days makes me wonder if I will be able to. But if I didnt want to do that I wouldnt be finacing, paying cash is the best way to go.

Brian

Quick Reply: Talk me out of it