General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stands?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stands?

OK I'm looking for a specific type of stands. The front stand has to do both from the triple t and also fork lift. The rear needs to do both swingarm and spool.

My BMW has spools but my F4i doesn't. Also my understanding is if I want to lift from the triple, I gotta move a few things about on the BMW (remove a small cowl and move the brake lines). For quick basic maintenance, that's inconvenient. Anyone know of any that fit the bill or am I looking at 2 sets of stands?

Old 03-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Kuro, I have a set of PitBull stands that provide for exactly what you are wanting.

The front stand can lift by the bottom of the forks or w/ the attachement, lift from the bottom triple...
Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands & Accessories: Front Stands

The rear stand can lift w/ pads on the bottom of the swingarm or be swapped over to lift w/ by the spools...
Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands & Accessories: Rear Stands

PitBull Stands are high quality (best IMO) & will be the only set of stands you'll ever need.

Here's a pic of my F4 on my set of PitBulls...

Name:  P1040076-1.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  140.6 KB

Last edited by IDoDirt; 03-24-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which ones? Pitbull lists multiple types and unless Cyclegear carries them, I'll have to order online. Which'll suck

Old 03-24-2012, 02:44 PM

I purchased mine from CycleGear. ;-) They are an authorized dealer & can order all stands & parts (no extra cost for shipping).

I have the Original PitBull forklift front w/ the added Forklift Converter (you purchase the lower triple pin for your specific bike). The orig forklift front stands are still floating around for purchase. The next generation of the same stand is also available. Here's a pic from their site for what I have for the front (just referencing the pic, the link is for the converter portion that attaches to the basic front lift stand)...
Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands & Accessories: Forklift Converter

The rear stand that I have is the SS Rear Stand (Standard/Spooled). The lift attachment flips over for std or spooled. Super easy to flip over & go.
Pit Bull Motorcycle Stands & Accessories: SS Rear Stand (Standard/Spooled)

Old 03-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Track junkie & modaholic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey gotcbr your ram air covers are lookin a little faded, might I recommend this for your plastic bits. This **** is insane, works amazingly well and the bottle will last you forever.

MeguiarsDirect.com: Plastic Cleaner / Polish

Kuro I got the cheap house brand ones from CG, They do both spool and pads for the rear. All I got to say is they are really only good for cleaning your bike with. They worked great until I got chain lube on the pads. i cleaned the pads off as well as the swingarm, used degreaser, soap /water, everything I could imagine but they slip so much now that I can't lift my bike up let alone work on it with them without the bike slipping off. The front stand scares me too because the angle of the forks does not line up with the angle of the pads in it. I guess what I'm trying to say is you get what you pay for and that Im in the market for pitbull stands because I went cheap at first.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: profanity
Old 03-24-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by CJardine

hey gotcbr your ram air covers are lookin a little faded, might I recommend this for your plastic bits. This **** is insane, works amazingly well and the bottle will last you forever.

MeguiarsDirect.com: Plastic Cleaner / Polish
Thanks for the recommendation but the covers are *new*. Bad lighting in pic is all.

Last edited by gotcbr; 09-19-2012 at 03:48 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a trex rear stand that does both swingarm and spools.. I love it.. I dont have a front stand..

Old 03-24-2012, 08:15 PM

i have a vortex rear with pads an spools, never had a problem with it, i can sit on the bike no problem when its on the stand, however if i had to do it again i would probably get the pitbull rear, as i have their front that lifts from the triple tree and i love it

Old 04-01-2012, 06:09 PM

i'm wanting to get stands as well. i've been researching stands and i've decided to go with the pit bull stands but i have a 01 f4i and i have no idea which rear stand is compatable for it. i'm pretty sure its the one that says standard/spool. and the front it looks like i can buy any of them as long as i get the triple attachment...?

Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

get the standard spool. Later get the spool attachments welded on, it cheap and spools are amazing.

Quick Reply: Stands?